1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.18 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtslittow

mtslittow
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

2. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Devs, whats the point of so many d series configs? Just because it has now more bed and frame options does not mean we need a version of each. Especially not in weird color combinations like green with blue. And not every config in manual and automatic as well. Its too much imo. We users could make our own configs if we weed to...
    Other than that noice update and parts

3. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

Code:
    https://streamable.com/ajo5m

4. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

I agree for the manual/automatic options.
    @AnOrangeHellcat posted something nice in the update speculation thread.
    upload_2019-12-10_13-47-16.png
    If the devs would do something like this for the transmission option it would cut the configs by half and be way less confusing already.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Is it me or jagged edges are more noticeable after the update? It's like anti aliasing is not working as it should. This is one thing I hate a lot and I noticed a difference from 0.17 to 0.18.
    Tested without mods and / or postfx addons and maxed out graphics, I even deleted the settings file to try

6. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Flares emitted from lights seem a little too bright at daytime.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Check if you're using smaa or fxaa, and check your resolution.
    Another way to go about this would be-
    1. Click on D-Series
    2. Select D25, D15 or D35
    3. Select Regular/Ext./Crew Cab
    3. Profit

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Deleted the config file so the game can remake it, cleared cache, lowered and disabled all the settings and then I maxed them out again, and I still notice high jagged edges. Hope this will be fixed with the time, same as Gamma and bloom and flares :D

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Please use ALT+O for the screenshots.
    Those are special screenshots that contain a few information from the game, such as the position you took the screenshot at.
    It will help us find those location quickly.

Noted, we will have a look.

Modern cars usually have always-lit dashboard. This is present also on the ETK K and 800 series.

Does not happen here, so I'd say it's most likely a mod affecting.

Yes, we are reading all posts here, even if we don't reply to all of them :)

That would be cool, but not as easy as it sounds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

huh, i guess i never noticed with the ETKs since the SBR's orange is a lot more noticeable, as long as it's not something ive broken im happy.
    and im glad people like my config idea even if it's unlikely to ever make it in :p

11. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I pressed ALT+O and it loaded some sort of internet thing. If you could give me more information about how ALT+O works, I would be happy.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

When you press ALT+O you should a page similar to this, with your image.

Copy to clipboard will copy the link to share, so you can paste it.

13. Wreck

Wreck
    Expand Collapse

14. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

How do I access clipboard when I am out of the game?

15. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

This is what I said with jagged edges, look at the fence, the signals and the buildings far away, graphics are maxed out. Should I perform a clean reinstall?

Attached Files:

• 20191210202843_1.jpg
  16. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Great idea! Still we have a big parts selector, so i don't get the point of so many configs which just differentiate from a longer bed, a transmission, a weird color combo and some wheels... I think we dont need more than 10 configs for the pickup, some base models, some mid trims and HD, and some offroaders! And if its not much for someone, you could get some different wheels, paint, bed etc in like 10 seconds...
    And i guess most people dont even use those mid level random configs, most go for base or that fallguy truck :D

17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if its just me, but the D series at night the gauge needles don't light up, so i have no idea how fast or rpm i'm at :p

Luckily, i can just flip it to daytime

18. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

If someone told me in 2014 this is how BeamNG would look, I wouldn't believe it. I freaking love this update! screenshot_2019-12-10_16-45-40.png

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  19. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Love the update guys; the D-series selection and customization is absolutely unreal, the lighting looks so much better now (lens flare ftw!), Utah is dynamic as hell, and there's still a great deal I haven't experimented with yet.

Between this and the last update, I haven't had this much fun with soft-body physics since I discovered RoR back in like 2009 or '10 - thank you.

20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

4) The D-Series certainly is incredibly difficult to seperate compared to the passenger cars. I've never ripped the body off of a frame of a car IRL, but I imagine both the passenger cars are too easy and the D-Series is too difficult to seperate. It's comical how easy it is to seperate the Bubu's body.
    5) That frame is WIP and the normal camper shell won't fit since the shape of the rear of the cab is different than the standard cab.

As for the discussion of the D-Series having too many configs, I disagree. Mostly. These trucks IRL had a huge number of engine and frame options, the D-Series should have a lot. I wouldn't suggest shorting the D-Series just because the UI was made back when cars only had a couple of configs each (we really need that new UI...) We only have 3 more than the pre-remaster anyway, they removed a lot of configs, including some that the truck should have.

I've suggested multiple times before that the new UI really needs better filters including consolidating similar configs. There's no reason for otherwise identical configs of the Bluebuck to have seperate thumbnails for hardtop/pillard/2 door/4 door/Auto/manual, the Moonhawk to have seperate ones to just change a fascia, the D-Series to just become longer, etc... The configs should still exist, just under a single thing in the selector.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice