1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.17 Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by synsol, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

I find as long as there is space between the surface and laptop then it helps, around about and inch is good, it works for me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

"All engine tuning parts changed to use expressions instead of fixed values"

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can anyone explain what this means?

3. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Probably yes, but I fear that it wouldn't solve the problem as it still persists with my PC even without overheating. It is exactly the same thing, just that the PC isn't as hot. Very weird.. :confused:

4. SOUPra

SOUPra
    Expand Collapse

On east coast usa almost everything is no collide i have no mods. Trees, Some Buildings, Poles, and most likely more. Apart from that, I am Loving the new update!!!

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the entire game has changed somehow... Idk, I don't take change very well even when it makes the most sense, so it's probably just me.
    What the hell are these new "main_materials and "skin_materials.json" files anyway for instance, and is there a way to automatically port a materials.cs file to this new format?

Idk, maybe I just need some caffeine... Maybe it's because I loaded into East Coast USA first... Maybe I hit my head against the wall whilst I was sleeping too, idk.

Also, for everyone else who didn't read the change log, this is what's going to replace the Wiki;

https://documentation.beamng.com/index.html

I'll post a much more in-depth description of my experience with 0.17 later when I'm awake.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. raomak

raomak
    Expand Collapse

player doesnt spawn in the west coast

7. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

you can still use the old system

8. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

The performance boost in this update is huge. Probably the biggest i've felt since i bought the game in late 2014. The traffic feels almost unreal after playing the game all the years more or less alone on the map. The gameworld instantly feels populated and not so empty. Also as always great new car. The updated maps are also lovely.

But on another note i realized the "on the horizon" blogpost is now over 3 years old. Time really flies. It would be great to have a similar post in the foreseeable future. Just to have a idea where the devs and the game are heading to. Some kind of roadmap.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know. Clean reinstalled Windows and I noticed that because I didn't have notepad++ installed yet.

10. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

Just came home from school, holy shi… best update ever!

11. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-08-16_15-30-16.png
    Hands down, the best feature from the update is the tree particles. I've waited soooo long for this

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget the gasoline mist

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Simon Spaeth

Simon Spaeth
    Expand Collapse

Can you send a picture?

14. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-8-16_16-45-0.png

• Like Like x 5
  15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Garage mode doesn't work and instead it puts me in free roam on the Garage map.
    --- Post updated ---

Attached Files:

• upload_2019-8-16_16-53-59.png
  16. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

Grand Marshall's engine and engine bay appears to be using the wrong texture, also

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2019-08-16_15-56-12.jpg
    • screenshot_2019-08-16_13-49-42.jpg
    • screenshot_2019-08-16_13-43-34.jpg
    • screenshot_2019-08-16_13-43-30.jpg
  17. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Disable all mods and clear your cache. Those all look like old parts being forced to load by outdated mods.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

So, let's see if we can read some entrails here:

I like this, don't know if it will change anything about the UI getting choppy with too many apps, but I'll definitely have to see when I get a chance later.

Is Horizon/Crew style raiding going to become a major thing in BeamNG? I strongly suspect it.

Possible for these to become fixtures in career mode?

Possible base/safe house for career mode?

Seems like every not-abandoned map (or close to it anyway) has to have some of these profane monuments now, so it looks to me like on-the-fly refueling is definitely in the plans. I wonder if realistic recharge times and random fires will be properly simulated as well?

Sadly r/racetrackdesigns almost completely ignored my post seeking advice for the renovation of this track (and Industrial Site too). Hopefully the devs caught my own comments about the bridge transitions being rough and the last corner being kind of evil.

Secondary roads meaning "abandoned raceway" or "other secondary roads"?

Pit buildings look amazing and have things like hoses for each stall; I'm not sure if this is just usual BeamNG thoroughness or if endurance racing with pit stops is planned to become a thing at some point in the future. Either way this place now looks amazing, like actually something out of Gran Turismo or something like that.

Not sure if this would have any impact on FPS but I'm definitely hitting Italy with FPS counter engaged now.

Likely that the devs intend for custom campaigns, careers, etc. to become a thing.

The one we've all been waiting for, and supposedly a good bit more polished than the most recent Traffic Tool mod. @Gamergull done good!

I believe this was also a feature of Traffic Tool, but its inclusion in the full game indicates that the devs definitely intend for police chases to become a thing and the wording of this line indicates that further refinements and probably coming down the pike at some point.

This one doesn't portend anything grand but some people thought the Bluebuck wouldn't have a taxi config at release so I'm putting it here anyway.

More vehicle realism improvements, and there's probably more where that came from. Propagating the subframe system throughout the vehicle roster should...? make realistic engine and drivetrain swaps much easier unless I'm completely having a derp here.

In other words, just because a vehicle got body shape tweaks before doesn't mean it couldn't get another round.

I thought they already had welded diffs?

The devs listened when people mentioned the diesel being too powerful, apparently.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can anyone explain what this means?

Good to hear; the bird sounds on some maps were offensively loud. JRI is another offender.

Definitely good to hear as WCA had some of the worst AI pathing; possible @Gamergull helped?

We'll have to see if this affects behavior once under way, but it doesn't sound like it.

Hopefully it won't have a fit when a player is in front of it at a stoplight.

• Like Like x 4
  19. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Well, I could not replicate the issue with the time trial ending screen I posted about before.

Some floating trees here on Hirochi Raceway:
    screenshot_2019-08-16_18-46-48.jpg screenshot_2019-08-16_18-47-55.jpg

The digital Airspeedometer is sometimes a bit chunky again. Not always though. :confused:
    screenshot_2019-08-16_22-15-48.jpg

Some z-fighting going on on several parts of the Derby Big 8 Track. Here for example:
    screenshot_2019-08-16_23-25-53.jpg screenshot_2019-08-16_23-25-57.jpg screenshot_2019-08-16_23-26-06.jpg

20. Bastien2034

Bastien2034
    Expand Collapse

I like this update great work. I think you need to add a typical 1960s horn to the bluebuck thats may be great. Hello from Switzerland

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice