1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.16 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Since when does the Midsize now have Subframes?! 20190522201249_1.jpg

2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

0.16. Now that I think about it, I wonder if that would make it a little bit more RWD-swappable than usual... I mean, I've never heard of a midsize family sedan having subframes, but that's just begging for someone to come along and make upgraded subframes the way they do for some muscle cars.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

I thought it was a mod conflict lol.

4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Most modern unibody vehicles have a front subframe, the entire engine, trans, and front suspension are mounted on it. It's mostly for manufacturing reasons, the entire drivetrain can assembled in one unit in the subframe, then dropped into the unibody.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Cwen209

Cwen209
    Expand Collapse

I like esbr

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Applenapslap 2

Applenapslap 2
    Expand Collapse

When I Open The Game The UI Lags A Bunch Ever Since I Turned On GPU Rendering. I Cant Even Turn It Off Because When I Click On Options It Does Nothing But Sit In The Menu Screen.

7. blah25

blah25
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if it's been talked about, but I used to be able to reset the zoom in or out in for the in cabin/drivers seat camera, and now it won't reset and just adjusts it for all cars. Other cameras will reset to their original position, but the in cabin camera won't and it doesn't look right anymore. Is there a way to fix it to reset? Thanks.

8. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Problem still exists with the animation still not working on decal roads. As soon as I apply a wave/scroll/etc it just makes the road disappear. =)

9. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

ok this V0.16 patch you just rolled out is a TOTAL FAILURE! there is no more software Rendering option! that means there is only the experimental GPU infinite lag. i do not see the setting in game-settings.ini for software rendering anymore... so i cannot play the game at all now...

EDIT: put "uiAcceleratedRender = false" in the "game-settings.ini" located in "Documents\BeamNG.drive\settings"

it was supposed to be there but was apparently forgotten.

#629 EpicSlayer7.666, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Have you attempted to start game in safe mode from the launcher?

11. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

OK that is odd! i just did what you suggested indirectly in that question and it loaded fine... how the heck can a mod make the UI LAG... i mean in game maybe the APPS but in the menu... that is rather confusing... now i guess i will have to figure out what mod is doing that... (i cannot be maps, nor cars since they have nothing to do with a UI... must be an APP.)

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

In safe mode, GPU accelerated UI is disabled, probably not necessarily a mod, but for example reshade can make lag. It can be that GPU accelerated UI being off is reason why lag is gone in your case.

Still worth to check without mods and especially without any reshade to see if game launches then without lag in normal mode.

Just not sure if safe mode can be used to disable GPU accelerated UI, maybe tick box and untick in safe mode, maybe it writes option then and thing works again when launching normally.

13. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

tho "Nadeox1" said:

Do this:
    1. Launcher > Manager User Folder > Open in Explorer > 'settings' folder > open 'game.settings.ini' with notepad
    2. Find 'uiAcceleratedRender'. If it's to false, change to true, or viceversa.
    3. Save the file, check again.
    Also please give us a Support ID, so that we can gather some information about what's happening there:

meaning he thinks the "uiAcceleratedRender" option is still there but it is not... so i wonder where it would write it if it still does... (tho i replied not even having saw that post since i was already doing this and came here once it stopped working.)

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think it is uiRenderGPU = false

Although that might be what it was in 0.16.0.2 as that is what I'm running now as my setup has some rather unique issue with 0.16.0.3 which might be only with windows 8.1 with specific build or only in my machine.

Anyway put that to last line of game-settings.ini and try with that.

15. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

ok i tested and it is "not mods", it simply needs me to use "Safemode"... i wonder if that Reshade has an option separate that i could turn off... since i just played and got perfect performance like in V0.15 like i need a Safe Mode with mods all on...

ok before posting this i tested 3 times , 1 the safe mode works, 2nd your uiRender = false and it did not work and was erased from the settings file automatically... then i tried "uiAcceleratedRender = false" and that worked... they messed up by NOT having it be written in the ini file they must of forgotten to make the option put than in. well i guess we know one change that will come with V0.16.4!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Looks like variable name was changed to hotfix then, but great that you figured it out and can enjoy from the game again :)

17. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

well it is 2:30 AM right now, i played all day with Nuclear Reactors in MineCraft (well a Mod for RotaryCraft called ReactorCraft... making a ME system is a joke compared to some of the stuff...) and thought i was going to play a minute or two of BeamNG... only to half break it by accident... funny i can Manade Nuclear Reactor in a mod that prides on Realism and yet be defeated by a simply missing string in a ini file lol tho the other half that is not broken is THE MENU WORKS PERFECTLY but only with the option off... i should go up and edit my salty posts ;P

tho they put the effort, that mistake looked like they tried to force obsolete PC out of the game... when they probably just fixed the thing but forgot the line in the ini to make it work... basically like a "finishing line" in a marathon suspended in mid air on the other side of a cliff with no access... me writing "uiAcceleratedRender = false" by hand was like cheating using a helicopter. (well if they put up a v0.16.4 the infamy of this version will be mostly dealt with!)

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

No option is gone.

That's what the setting internal name is in 0.16.0.3 (uiAcceleratedRender)
    If you have not updated your game, it will be missing or you will still be seeing the old name.

Also 'Safe Mode' forces that option off, just in case you having problems with it.

Also please remember that this setting is experimental.
    While it works fine for most users, on some particular setups it can introduce new issues (the joy of infinite PC hardware/software combination).
    If it gives you problem, you should keep it disabled.

And if you use Win10, you should check if you have 'Game Mode' enabled and turn it off. It's currently known to mess up with the process priority causing performance issues with the UI.

0.16.0.3 only from here on
    https://blog.beamng.com/second-hotfix-for-0-16/

#638 Nadeox1, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Stupid game mode has ruined so many game experiences for people in all genres! Such a pain.

20. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I guess I found the problem is.
    In the menu no physics is cauculated so all framerate from GPU, you can sometimes get over 200fps. In this situation, there's no reserve for the hardware-accelerated UI. However if you play it such as freeroam. The power is distributed from CPU(calculating physics) and GPU, in most computer the bottleneck is the CPU, so there's some GPU reserve to accelerate the UI.

The solution: use FPS limiter(not vsync) to reserve more GPU power for the UI, this is very important in the main menu.
    Disable hardware-accelerated UI →set FPS limit 60→Enable hardware-accelerated UI→load a map→disable FPS limit(vsync off)→read the FPS counter(ctrl+F)→set FPS limit to 5-10 lower(vsync always off)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice