1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.14 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Replicate the issue and PM me a Support ID please :)

On the general line yes. That mod does not limit the vehicle selection. Only that by default we insert a 'search-term' in the searchbox so that those powerglow vehicles are in first focus.
    The issue is that the post-race menu resets, so as you see the level, or track is not selected. We are aware of this :)

This is a known issue we already have a ticket for. At the moment on low priority. Thanks nonetheless for the details :)

Yep, always done that. *Takes note* :)
    At the moment you can go around that by using the Radial Menu > RelCam to save the current view into a slot.

Woops, must have slipped from our radar.
    Thanks for the report!

Can you please specify the exact model?

Odd and interesting issue. Thanks for the info, it's very useful :)

Nope, the paths are the same.
    Maybe, did you have a custom userfolder/mods path previously? The update may have reset the path to the original location. Check that :)
    The missing info seems odd, perhaps a corrupt install? Try to verify your game files, and eventually a Clean Reinstall

Yeah, the tiny update was meant to fix another kind of important issue. The things mentioned here will be solved in an announced hotfix.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HDR

HDR
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-11-1_15-38-46.png

Not sure if this is a bug, but setting alpha to 0 on the color palette used for the powerglow skin on the SBR causes this on both sides of the vehicle. (wheels)

#162 HDR, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I cannot replicate this issue. What gearbox settings and eventual assistants?
    Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

4. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Hi, thank all of you for the wonderful update. Each and every time, I am amazed at how the feeling of driving becomes much more realistic and satisfying.

I have a question. With Italy being so amazingly large, you guys have had to make some significant changes to increase the performance of the map. According to the Dev Blog, these changes have already helped significantly. Will these changes also help other maps, like West Coast? It would be cool to get some before and after stats of Italy with these performance changes.

Also, I found a small bug. I have my driver camera set on #1 and orbit on #2. After driving with my #1 camera and switching to orbit, the camera doesn’t rotate with the car. It’s kind of weird, but also a pretty cool effect. It stays pointing forward, and it actually is really cool when drifting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ottiemans

ottiemans
    Expand Collapse

Even though restarting did not help before, the controller-freeze issue has miraculously been resolved.
    No idea what caused the issue, but luckily it's not a bug in the game \o/

6. jetFire55

jetFire55
    Expand Collapse

The new camera is too sensitive, it's hard to track moving object with that camera. The old one was perfect for police chases, where you have to maintain the speed of the other car, while this one seems too focused on racing. The old one mimicked the natural movements of the head, it was intuitive, this one feels too "arcade".

7. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

This is a very minor issue that doesn't concern this update in particular, but all updates in that the ui is reset after every update, could the settings for the ui be left untouched so we don't have to spend time putting everything back?

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yep, we took note of the sensitivity already.
    We will see what solutions are possible to make it fit everybody's needs.

Unfortunately not.
    If we update the UI Layout files, a reset is necessary. This update wipes your custom UI layout for the time being. Perhaps that will change in the future.

9. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

No. The bug is definetly still there. It works (or rather- doesn't work) on any kind of quickrace track, I managed to reproduce it with both the 'offroad' and 'race DCT' Sunbursts, but there might be more. Here's a video of the bug, shot like two hours ago, in safe mode of course

10. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that you don't have a lookBack function for the new driver camera. Do you plan on adding this for the driver camera? The old onboard.hood camera also used to have this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

look left + right at the same time, whichever one you push first will be the shoulder you look over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. brendanmarshall11

brendanmarshall11
    Expand Collapse

Im having trouble downloading the update. It says an error occurred while updating BeamNG.drive (content servers unavailable)

Attached Files:

• 2C4F3F0A-98BC-4A78-A575-AA70C2D35FA6.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

You can try restarting steam and/or computer and see if that fixes it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm. Happens to me also. Will edit post with video when it renders
    {EDIT} First one was just holding gas. Second was in S, and third was holding gas and brake.

#174 wearyNATE15, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Sounds like an issue with Steam itself.
    Try to do as suggested above with restarting Steam (or your PC too).
    If persists, contact the Steam Support: https://help.steampowered.com/

May I get some specific steps on how to replicate this? The gearbox/assistants settings might be useful too.
    This happens randomly, or always?

16. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Literally just holding the gas at the beginning of a race. Im not sure how often it does it as I dont do races that often, let alone use the sunburst. Might have to ask him on that one. My gearbox settings will be in a pic below.
    download.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Got it, the settings were important.
    Also the fact you are changing to D gear manually before the countdown is over.

18. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

First of all, I love this update, new physics stuff is always good :)
    I also like the new map and mode. The music really fits it :)
    I have one suggestion, apart from the camera sensitivity, can you add(or is it there already) a radius parameter for the camera? It is a bit weird to lean out of the Fintray :D. And is it possible to change the order of the cameras? I like the driver cam as first option after orbit :D

And I also have the controller issue, I think that the automatic audio device checking software on the gigabyte motherboards slows it down. I'm not too sure about that though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what the second part means, is that a question? because i do have it in 2nd (drive on h-shifter) when i start the race

20. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

How do I get the Halloween mod linked on devblog? It opens my game to try to download there, but I had to disable online features because my game was crashing

Is there a direct download link to the mod?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice