I present you my humble entry to the MfD contest. This mod is somewhat rushed as I did not plan to participate at all and made this in the last week in hours I should have slept, but considering that, I think it turned out ok and the thing is a fun contraption.
What is it?
A Bolide rescued from the junkyard and made to work with some custom parts and parts from other cars.
All in all, these modifications make the Bolide a pretty capable off-roader, although not on the level of a crawler. If you want to make it even better I recommend you to equip wheels from an actual off-road vehicle, as the ones used in the config are road ones.
- AWD Transaxle/Drivetrain complete with 3D model, sourced from an SBR
- Custom modified frame to fit the AWD stuff (by means of hammering)
- Custom built suspension with extra-long arms
- Extra thicc flares to suit the suspension
- Rusty skin (it's my first skin ever and it's not perfect)
- Rotated intake so it sits on the roof. (How do you open the tailgate? You don't). No fear of rivers!
- Cut tailgate to fit some stuff
- Tailgate mounted radiator for maximum cooling and not opening the tailgate
- Glass option without rear quarter windows
- Custom window exit exhaust
- Mega powerful front and rear lightbars that turn night into day
- Gambler Config with aforementioned parts
- TuttoTerreni Config, an early test of the Bolide's capabilities with the stock parts
Above: AWD Gambler Bolide
Above: TuttoTerreni, a SUV variant of the bolide. Soon to equip AWD as well.
Known bugs and things to be improved
- Front side lamps flare misplaced
- Rear wide flares jbeam is not accordingly modified
- Exhaust jbeam is mediocre
- Intake jbeam is mediocre at best
- Skin is not perfect
- No rally tires for used Bolide wheels
- No AWD for normal suspension yet (plan to add)
- Roof racks, spare tires and such might be added later
- Wrong center of rotation for rear brake discs. Shh just don't look. I'll fix it soon.
Anyways, I still hope that you can still have a lot of fun with this car!
Thanks for taking a look