Warning: This map will not perform well on low-end computers. Like the other large modded maps for the game, this one too requires a good computer with lots of RAM.
Your computer must capably run the official maps to be able to run this.
The development of this map started over 2 years ago and has finally reached a point that I consider worthy of release.
There's still a long way to go as only half of the map is finished, however, there is already plenty of content to explore.
- Over 200km/125mi of roads of all types including many highways that stretch across the map.
- A wide, winding river with a dam as its source.
- A large airport with 2.1km runway, suitable for all currently available aircraft mods.
- Various structures and landmarks such as wind turbines, radio masts, water towers, and factories.
- A town and other small settlements.
- Many dirt roads.
- Railway loop (Note: unfinished and may not function correctly - I've noticed trains can derail easily on corners).
- AI traffic is supported, however it is known to have issues in some places, especially intersections.
- Warning: This map is big and complex so I can't guarantee it will perform well on all computers!
- It should be obvious that only the completed area is completed. Anywhere outside of this is not, so do not expect it to be so. Planned roads outside of the limits are not smooth. Don't drive there because you will hit many large bumps. That is, unless you want to flip over.
- The lighting is only set up for day time. I haven't put in the time required to fix up everything else.
Again, this map is in alpha and is not complete at all. Only drive in the finished areas. I'm serious. This is not a finished map so don't treat it as one.
Alpha River Highway 1.0.2
A huge 8x8km map with over 200km/125mi of roads to explore.
- Various fixes and adjustments in response to reviews Jun 28, 2021
- Missing texture fix Jun 28, 2021