This police radar unit is based on real modern police radar units. It is able to clock the closest vehicle's speed, fastest vehicle speed, and your own patrol speed. Upon clocking a vehicle's speed, you can "lock" it to save it. And a doppler audio is played and pitched according to the target vehicle's speed.
If you really enjoy what I make and want to show your support, you can donate here
1. After installing the mod, add the "Police Radar Unit" UI app. It will be invisible until you install the part in the next step.
2. Choose "angelo234's Police Radar" part from the "Navigation Unit" slot. The UI app should appear after adding it. It will only be visible when the vehicle the player is in has this part.
After adding the UI app, the radar unit will show up, which houses three displays.
- The left display shows the speed of the closest vehicle (strongest radar signal) to you.
- The middle display either shows the speed of the fastest vehicle in a group of vehicles or shows a vehicle's locked speed. The indicator texts of "FAST" and "LOCK" above the number segment display, indicate whether it is displaying the fastest vehicle's speed or a locked speed respectively when they are lit up.
- The right display shows the speed of your vehicle.
Radar Unit Functions (refer to the Controls section below for keybindings)
- When you add the radar unit, it will be transmitting (XMIT) radar by default, meaning that it will be clocking vehicles' speeds.
- If you want to lock a vehicle's speed, you have the option to either lock the closest vehicle's speed or lock the fastest vehicle's speed, using the "Police Radar Lock Strongest/Fastest Speed" keybindings. If you want to go back to clocking the fastest vehicle's speed, press either of these keybindings.
- You also have the option to adjust the doppler sound volume between 5 levels (includes zero volume) with the "Police Radar Adjust Doppler Volume" keybinding. When changing the volume level, the left and middle displays will indicate the current volume level for a couple of seconds.
- You can toggle the radar transmitting on and off with the "Police Radar Toggle XMIT" keybinding. When the radar unit is not transmitting, the middle screen will display "HLd".
- Bruckell Bastion
- Bruckell LeGran
- Cherrier Vivace/Tograc
- ETK 800
- ETK K
- Gavril Grand Marshal
- Gavril Roamer
- Hirochi Sunburst
- Ibishu 200BX
- Ibishu Hopper
Adjusting the Antenna (OPTIONAL)
The antenna's orientation are already fine tuned for the vehicles. Although if you wish to adjust the antenna's position and rotation, you can do so by going into the "Vehicle Customization" tab under the "Tuning" tab and adjusting the variables. Here you can also enable visualization of the radar's beam.
Beta Police Radar 1.05
Time to catch speeders!