Waiting in traffic jams or lights have never been this entertaining!
This mod takes the BeamNavigator GPS, but instead of making it more practical or something, I turned it into a premium digital picture frame, with the amazing transitions and low framerates that you expect! *bad viewing angles not included
It is compatible in any car that can be equipped with the BeamNavigator.
A list of the features included:
- Loading pictures from a folder in your BeamNG.drive directory (see instructions below)
- Support for loading extra pictures from mods
- 4 different types of transition effects, which are randomly chosed and sometimes combined: sliding, scaling, 360 rotation, and a spring effect
- Adjustable delay, to change how fast it changes pictures, in the Tuning tab
- 5 built-in cat and dog pictures! You can enable them in the Tuning tab
- Instructions shown on the GPS in case no pictures have been detectedTo add pictures, go to your BeamNG.drive directory. It is located in your Documents folder, and there should be folders for the cache, mods, screenshots, and many others. Create a new folder named "gps_pictures". Finally, copy your PNG and JPG files in that new folder, to load them into the photo frame. Make sure to do a full vehicle reload with CTRL+R!
To make a mod that adds pictures, create the following hierarchy in your zip file: vehicles/common/gps_pictures_pack, and put the pictures in it the same way as above. You might be able to have one folder gps_pictures instead of the whole path.
Here's how the GPS photo frame looks:
Thanks to the following people for their help:
Special thanks to a friend who convinced me to publish this mod despite the fact that it is quite ridiculous.
- BeamNG for the BeamNavigator model
- oldman22 for the white dog picture dog1.jpg inside the mod (shown above)
- All of the pet owners who have donated the 4 other pictures, but didn't wish to be mentionned here
- @Hawkins for the Doudoune superpack
Please do not reupload this mod.