A long time ago, in the realms of the PS2, lied a game called driven to destruction (also known as test drive: eve of destruction). It was a demolition derby focused game and in it were various game events around these derby cars. One such event was called the whip around race. This is where you would need to complete so many laps but after every completed lap, you would turn around and go the other way.
Since then, I have begun doing some of the other events and, at the moment, these are the events that are in this scenario pack:
- Whip Around Race
- Point-To-Point Race
As BeamNG has little unique events like this with demolition derby cars, I though that it was time to rectify this problem. So, without further ado, welcome to the Driven To Destruction Eve Events!
Disclaimers and problems known:
- (Big disclaimer incoming: The AI are not very smart and will go slow or crash into each other - not much I can do about this at this time)
- Also, you will need a decent computer for some of the scenarios as there are upto 8 cars loaded at one time.
- Important info: following some information from WBR, make sure that you restart BeamNG drive so that you have no trees in the scenario. If you have trees in the scenarios, then you need to restart the game and reload the scenario.
As of version 2.2, you will need the Mankato map (also based on Driven to Destruction) for some of the scenarios to work. Get it here: http://www.beamng.com/resources/driven-to-destruction-mankato.1292/
Thanks to Scepheo for the AI code - much appreciated
Also thanks to Torsion for the help with the Gauntlet AI event code (currently a testing scenario)
Unsupported Driven To Destruction: Eve Events V2.2
Take part in the demolition derby events in Driven To Destruction...in BeamNG.Drive!
- Mankato map support Aug 29, 2016
- Fixes and improvements (including AI imporvements) Aug 18, 2016
- Another event type: The Point To Point Race Aug 11, 2016