YOU MUST HAVE VERSION 13.02+ FOR THE MAP TO WORK IN BEAMNG.DRIVE 0.9!
Welcome to Desert Highway! This is a project inspired by my desire to drive for many miles on a quick, and long map.
Originally started by the user @Miura and it was a depiction of a totally barren salt flat. This map is a rolling work in progress.
- Over 60 miles of hand-placed roads!
- Handcrafted terrain.
- Road signs
- Various unique mesh props such as hangars and bridges
- Offroad sections
- Hillclimb areas
- Ambient sounds and lights
- And other goodies! Enjoy exploring!
VERSION 13.1 UPDATE:
Enjoy! Let me know if anything is broken
- Fixed many road-to-road transitions. Many roads were badly overlapping.
- Fixed some unrealistic bank curves on the hill climb portion, some areas had banks up to 25 degrees. These have areas have been vastly normalized and have had signs added.
- Fixed water. The physics were broken on the lake and on the river. Deleted these and remade them and the physics are working. Darkened the water a bit and made the ripples flow in the logical direction.
- Fixed/removed some areas with vegetation on the road.
- Added multiple preview pictures for a mini slideshow in the level selector.
- Updated preview picture.
Regarding new features: bear with me. I'm working a full-time gig now. Don't expect much more to be added soon as my time and motivation to mod with my limited time is not a priority.
Desert Highway is possible with the help of all these fabulous individuals
@Automobile Game , @DoullPepper , @epiclymade10 , @Nissan Skyline , @Vinh , @gigawert , @PainyTOXA , @Miura , @RobertGracie , @EroticCornetto, @blueshift, @bob.blunderton and My coffee maker
Thanks guys! You rock!
Enjoy and please leave your comments!
- Slight frame lag around heavily brushed areas and water areas. Doesn't seem to be as bad as previous versions.
If you enjoy my work, consider buying me lunch!
Beta Desert Highway 13.1.01
Over 60 Miles of Roads!