Finally a multi-mod!
This mods adds a few things:
- A tram with lightrunner colours.
- A lightrunner track.
- LUA files to add train tracks to the lightrunner/trackbuilder mode.
I made a tram that is able to transport cars. It is powered by 6 electric motors, one for each side per bogie. The tram has lightrunner materials, both colours are changeable.
The config comes with glass side windows but you can change them in the parts menu to solid ones. To load the cars, place or make a ramp, open the side doors and drive inside the tram.
The tram is able to drive on standard gauge tracks, it has been tested on multiple modded maps.
Spawn the tram on the rails and drive away. Try to be a bit sensible with the throttle to avoid derailments. It is more stable in reverse for some weird reason
A simple lightrunner track for the tram with a loading platform. Launch the lightrunner mode, select the tram track and select the tram to play it. It does not spawn any other cars. It is just a showcase for 3.
With a lot of help from @TStabbert, I was able to create trackbuilder pieces which you can use to make train tracks.
THIS CAN BREAK ON UPDATES!
This video shows how to make a track:
You have to click on the track to apply the changes!
Some general advice:
For the tram:
- Do not change the track width, this will mess up the gauge.
Maps to use this on:
- Curves under 20m radius, use 1 degree partitions.
- It might derail under 12m radius
- Loopings are very hard, the back end derails often in loopings but it is possible with my train axle system mod.
- To make a platform, spawn an obstacle and edit it.
The tram works on all maps with rails, some examples:
Some maps that look nice with the trackbuilder:
- Roane County: https://www.beamng.com/resources/te...y-beta-real-terrain-8gb-system-ram-reqd.1586/
It might derail on some badly-connected sections
- Polish Roads: https://www.beamng.com/resources/polish-roads.5846/ Be careful around the station.
- Deadzone: https://www.beamng.com/resources/deadzone-trains-already-on-tracks.1751/
- Sultan Peak: https://www.beamng.com/threads/sultan-peak.27480/
- Whiteroom: https://www.beamng.com/resources/whiteroom.34/
- VR city: https://www.beamng.com/resources/vr_city.419/
Enjoy and if you like my work, consider donating to https://www.paypal.me/blijo