Following the release of my latest mod, Gravitational Racing, comes an extension UI module to allow you to create the celestial bodies shown in that mod in any freeroam map* (I'll come back to that in a minute)
First off, as this is an extension to the Gravitational Racing mod, you do need to download the mod as well for this mod to work:
I have tried to make the UI as user-friendly as possible so the UI does display messages about caught errors and the likes as well as displaying any field in red if you filled it in incorrectly, though I am open to feedback for this.
This UI will allow you to create any celestial which can be customised to your liking, outside of the racing confines of the Gravitational Racing tracks.
Main features include:
- The ability to preview the celestial - creates a transparent blue representation of the celestial, showing its size, model and position
- Multiple vehicle support - all vehicles will be affected by the gravity wells of celestials
- Advanced movements - celestials can orbit others with a range of customisability such as binary systems, planetary orbits and linear movements
- Additional settings - customise the maximum strength of the gravity that is applied onto vehicles as well as what happens when you collide with a moving celestial
- *(Experimental) Full map support - all BeamNG official maps are supported by the models and there is also a feature that will generate the necessary texture mappings for modded maps, though this requires a game restart (the UI will notify you)
Quick video to demonstrate some of the features:
I intend to add more features like custom paths but the main foundation work is there and it is usable for most purposes.
Enjoy and do give feedback about any bugs and/or suggestions
Outdated Celestial Creator 1.1.0
Create advanced celestial bodies in freeroam with dynamic gravity