This is my attempt to make a wagon body for the Burnside Special.
This mod adds
- Wagon Body, with dedicated parts
- Wagon Rear Doors
- Wagon Rear Seat
- Wagon Trunk Tailgates
- Nitrous Oxide Injection Wagon, re-positioned bottle for the wagon's trunk
- 3 Configurations, Wagon, Taxi Wagon ,Police Wagon
- 3 additional skins
- Wagon 2-tone, shown in the pictures above
- Wagon 2-Tone Body
- Wagon police livery
Skipping the basics here.
For actual skin tutorials check out the official wiki:
[Introduction_to_skin_system] [Simple_skin_tutorial] [Glass skin tutorial]
I separated the roof UV from the body, thus
- 2 UV references can be found in the mod file, "2ndUV_body.png" and "2ndUV_roof.png" for skin making/editing.
- 2 materials in material.cs, more details below.
The 2 materials are "burnside" and "burnside_wagroof"
Below is what to do:
- How this works
- To my understanding, the game will load all the materials with the same "globalSkin" no matter how many materials on one vehicle. Shown in the Glass skin tutorial.
Further Skin Notes
- In this example the globalSkin value is "newskin" at the last line of the jbeam above. So normally just add a material "burnside.skin.newskin"
- But now copy that and paste it below, then change it to "burnside_wagroof.skin.newskin"
- Finally, link your textures, body to "burnside" and roof to "burnside_wagroof" then it's pretty much done.
- For all reasons above, a sedan skin might need tweaking for it to work the most properly. Especially if it had colorable roof.
- For the reason above, some part of the body's UV is also slightly offset than the sedan body.
- UV at the rear quarters of the wagon is pretty cramped.
Feel free tweaking the mod to your usage and liking
Burnside Wagon Body 1.02
A wagon body for the Burnside Special.