Outdated Real Life Automation Engine Conversions 0.32

15 real based engines for 14 of the vanilla cars with sounds.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

HighDef submitted a new resource:

Real Life Automation Engine Conversions - 7 engine conversions for Hatch and Coupe.

Read more about this resource...

2. MasterDrive

MasterDrive
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Love this. Having noticed your attention to detail, overall knowledge, and the fact that you seem to prefer more "standard" engines rather than the absolute most powerful ones, I selected a few normal engines for your inspiration :)
    -Honda B16A1 (or any variant of the B16);
    -PSA TU engine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_TU_engine), torque figures might be difficult to find though;
    -PSA XUD engine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_XUD) once again torque figures may be difficult to find and replicate;
    -PSA XU engine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_XU_engine) this is the one found in the Peugeot 205 GTi;
    -Toyota 1UZ-FE;
    -Mercedes-Benz OM617;
    -Toyota 3K (or any K-series engine)
    -Chevy 250 straight 6 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_straight-6_engine#250)

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

oh wow, does the engine converter work now, it seems Automation is going to get some use now

5. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to create the 6.2L HEMI in the Hellcat (Charger/Challenger) along with a correctly modeled supercharger to get the 707bhp number it claims?

6. Razr7

Razr7
    Expand Collapse

Could either of you help me here http://www.beamng.com/threads/sbr-not-showing-up.35168/ The most recent file is at the bottom, the vehicle, the sbr4 wont load into the game

It would cool to have diesel engines

7. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

You could do a N/A 6.2 in automation and use it as a base curve and throw in supercharger in beam and tune accordingly.

Automation doesn't have supercharger simulation right now only twin turbo.

8. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I made a close replica of the 6.2 hellcat hemi and the N/A 6.4 in my performcance engine pack. I could dig up the file that i used in automation and give it to you guys if you want to use it.

9. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

does this mod have custom models?
    I couldn't see that or the opposite anywhere :(

10. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

No it doesn't, generally you can tell if it features custom meshes by the size of the file. This one is in kb so it would just be the engine jbeams stuck into the meshes used for the 200bx and covet.

11. NotGoodWithNames

NotGoodWithNames
    Expand Collapse

can this be used so that I can put my own automation engines into beamng drive?

12. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

No this mod cannot be used to convert automation engines. To convert the engines currently the attached app is the only one that works. Just open the engine converter file password is JesseAye and then put in your engine file from Automation and it will spit out the numbers needed for the torque curve in a jbeam.

13. nick12345

nick12345
    Expand Collapse

14. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

This is the most urgent thing that I want to fix in this mod. At the moment I don't think that it is possible. Apparently that feature was broken by the 0.8 update

Thanks for you help. :)

The models don't change. I'm not able to do that yet, still learning Blender. The weight, inertia and friction are adjusted accordingly tho.

I can try but you can't simulate hemispherical cylinder heads in Automation.

I definitely won't use any forced induction data from Automation as it will have the turbo data in the torque curve. A turbo needs to be actively changing on the torque curve otherwise it's totally unrealistic and cheap.

Thanks very much I will get on added some of those. I like you choices. Nice one.

15. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

That's was responding to his question of a making a simliar torque curve of a Hellcat V8, saying you can make a base curve in automation of a similar N/A V8 similar to the specs of the HC V8 and drop in the supercharger simulation and tune according in beam to the similar HP/TQ curve of the V8.

and that automation only has turbo simulation and no supercharger simulation. :)

And yes using the turbo simulation in automation and converting to beam which is "baked" in the base curve is very "fake" when converted to beam :p.

#15 Josh, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  16. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ahh I see thanks for helping. I have 9 more engines that I am coding in at the moment. Gonna try and get them on as many cars as possible.

17. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

18. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I think @Miura had an simple code that fixed the issue, but i can't find the post or remember the code posted.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Thanks, I have sent him a PM.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm very sorry I forgot to do the Hellcat engine in today's update. I have worked out how to emulate a supercharger so I should be able to get it to feel pretty accurate.

20. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

The new update is awesome. The B16A1 engine is great fun with the Covet ZXi, basically drives like an EF hatch :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice