1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Model of Miramar intake wrong

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by fufsgfen, Jan 20, 2017.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Miramar 1.6l engine has intake for 6 cylinders, motor has only 4 spark plugs. I suggest leaving only 4 middle tubes for intake and removing number 1 and 6, so it looks more natural how intakes are in such old motors.

Oh and trunk lid + hood are bit hard to open, tends to cause damage, but then again, I guess those are not meant to be opened, also trunk has no usable space which is probably how it is intended, I still reversed to column on purpose so I could get trunk open and attempted to put cones into trunk...

miramar_sparkplugs.png miramar_intake.png

2. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

Nope. Inlet and exhausht is on the same side. The intake is a siamese intake.

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Exhaust manifold should be brown? :D

Yeah, poor, should have better glasses or brain :-}

4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

What you are seeing is a reverse flow engine, which means the exhaust and intake are on the same side of the cylinder head. Notice how there is no exhaust or intake on the side that contains the spark plugs (1st pic you posted)
    Also there are not 6 pipes, there are 8. The other 2 are blocked by the carburetor in your picture. Since the exhaust and intake are on the same side, instead of just 4 exhaust pipes/ 4 intake pipes, you get 4 intake pipes AND 4 exhaust pipes, making it look like it has more cylinders from one side of the engine.
    Here are some pics of similar engines in reality:

Notice how there are 8 pipes, despite it being a 4 cylinder engine.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What makes my mistake more embarrassing is that I have owned several of such cars :(

Exhaust are brown in those pics though, except maybe one of them :p

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, my guess would be that the exhaust isn't brown on the miramar because it's still brand new (as most cars in BeamNG are in the exact condition they would be in after leaving the factory) so the exhaust wouldn't be in any way dirty or rusty :)

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that they used to paint exhaust manifolds black, but of course paint did not stay there too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice