How well does sli scale in BeamNG

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by nicknfs, Jan 11, 2017.

1. nicknfs

nicknfs
    Expand Collapse

So as the title suggests I was wondering how well does sli scale in Beamng. Is it worth getting a second gtx 760? I can get the second gtx 760 for $45, and I'm not going to buy a new gpu for maybe another 3 years.

2. nicknfs

nicknfs
    Expand Collapse

Thanks.

3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I just bought a computer with dual ATI Radeons in SLi. I am totally new to this whole dual card thing and am attempting to get it to improve my performance. At the moment I see no improvement between using just one card or running them in SLi... probably because I have no idea what I am doing yet.

4. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

If you have Radeons, you are not running in SLI, you are running in CrossFire.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

You are correct. I wrote that while I was at work and now that I am at home that is what it says in the configurator. Well, at least you know I was being honest when I said I didn't know what I was doing.

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

SLI and Crossfire are not officially supported at this time. There isn't much of any info or statement on future support either.
    Nvidia and AMD are moving away from supporting this altogether and less games are supporting it now.
    It is a waste of money unless you have something that seriously needs it, that you play ALL the time, that officially supports it.

Sure, it may help you have higher FPS, IF it works, if your power supply is good enough for two cards and you have proper cooling, but it's glory days are LONG gone. You will also find yourself extremely limited by the amount of RAM on cards like such, as it does not stack. TWO cards with 2gb of ram each, are seen as 2gb of video ram by the game - not 4gb. Both cards are rendering the same scene, so they need the same data. Performance also doesn't generally scale to double or triple like you would think, and this varies by game and situation (and your CPU speed / motherboard / system ram speed etc).
    Please avoid, save up for a new (or newly used) single-card solution.
    Nvidia 1050ti and Radeon Rx 470 or 480 are bargain-priced often and will almost always provide you with a 4gb or higher RAM option (which you should take).

However, if you have done it already, or haven't but decide to do it anyways, do let us know if you get it to work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice