1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

East Coast USA - Feedback welcome

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by LJFHutch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

I really do love the map so far. One thing I have notice though, is it just feels like there isn't enough off roading trails. I don't know how Maine is, but here in BC there are tons and tons of them going off the sides of logging roads, etc. Also, other than the town there is really nothing except a few houses. A gas station on the other side of the map from the town, or some sorta little commercial area or industrial area would be nice, would also give people somewhere to deliver and pick up things assuming that will be a part of the singleplayer gameplay at one point. Also, even though the edges of the map aren't exactly beautiful, a view point or two would be nice on the top of the hills. Where I live there are tons of trails that go up to view points with a little fire pit etc. (Maybe on the top of the hill near the town facing toward the ocean?) Would also be cool if there was a campsite kinda area with proper sites and all the other little details (signage, garbage cans, outhouses, fire pits, tents..), probably on the shores of the river. Basically the map just needs more interesting variety to it, I'm sure you have already but really take a fine look at some places in maine on google maps, I'm sure there are many little details like this that would seriously help fill in the map good.

Here are some example photos of the type of off roading I'm thinking of. So far I've only found rock crawling trails and some really tame trails, nothing in between really. Granted I've probably not driven all of them.

Just gonna post links so my post doesn't take up the whole page.. These are apparently all in Maine.
    http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/32250514+w660+h440+q80+re0+cr1+ar0/131-1106-07-o%2B131-1106-off-roading-in-a-maine-4x4-area%2Bisuzu-climbing-up-hill.jpg

http://blog.jeep.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/JeepBlog.png
    Something like this could be interesting, murky puddle with some big rocks hiding under the surface.
    http://www.rmtp.us/big puddle.jpg
    http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/3225...n-a-maine-4x4-area+isuzu-climbing-up-hill.jpg
    http://s146.photobucket.com/user/billyjp2/media/maine001.jpg.html
    http://goohv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/rm6.jpeg

I've had some good results similar to the last few photos by just having a bunch of rocks clipping through the ground a bit, sunken. Notice how most of these rocks that are on a hill tend to be quite exposed on the lower side and nearly flush with the terrain on the upper side... If u nomsayin. Come across that a ton here.

#21 KiloHotel, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. Kevin_Hahn

Kevin_Hahn
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, I think that's what I meant. I'm assuming that means you also fixed the house hanging over the edge, right? (Never mind where I was driving:p)

Attached Files:

• 2015-02-06_00001.jpg
    • 2015-02-06_00002.jpg
  3. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

ECA is made primarily as a kind of rally playground for the regular production cars and up. I'd like some more trails but there is limited time and space.

I'm not quite sure where those last two are from.

#23 LJFHutch, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

It's a great track, I'm gonna take a drive some day and look for stuff to take back to this thread.

Until then: What I miss is more life. It all seems so dead and static. And ideally more variation.
    But it's something you probably should be working with in the long run, because for it to be quality content the engine needs to be ready for it (imo). But a lot of it can still be modelled and put in the map as static objects.

Bunch of suggestions/ideas: (deformable:) dumpsters/trash cans, leaves, broken bushes/trees and other objects. It could be something as simple as a wheel or an exhaust system laying around in the ditch. Shopping cart, bus stop (with glass or deformable metal structure), loose stones and sticks, road signs, light poles, swaying trees, birds, parked cars (a van for instance), dead ragdoll animals, additional car parts or old crash marks, burnt down houses/cabins/vegetation), ladder and paint bucket leaning on unpainted wall (with fluid simulation and ladder deformation).

Don't get me wrong, I love the track, but some more objects (signs of life) would be cool, and some long term world design goals making the world more dynamic. Would also be really cool to see AI vehicles one the road (each car belong to a house/business or property and have usual drive times), trucks have a daily route, people drive for work, youths go drifting, and grandma take a drive in her old car. The farmer takes his tractor out etc.

Sorry, I know this isn't mainly what you asked for, I got a little carried away. To sum it up I'd like to see some objects, variation and so on to the world design. I hope to come back with specific critics on the map with pictures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

I do. I just don't have a good computer.

6. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

Okay, this is annoying. Invisible walls, and vegetation barrier. It's too crowded, why fence in the road in like that? ;)
    See spoiler:
    yn0WNz3.jpg

I can't get up anywhere here
    av45r84.jpg

I found a place I think I could get out from, but it was very slippery. My plan was to back out, but then I got stuck in the tree. Solution? Reload map (I don't know how to change spawn point.).
    F3C1pk1.jpg

#26 Stian Aarskaug, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

There's a strange bug that happens only with the Mooonhawk (not the opaque windows, that's another issue).

When driving through the first bridge and approaching the end of it, FPS drops from 60 to 20, even if the car is stopped.
    All the others keep 60 FPS through there.

BeamNG 2015-02-10 16-50-03-77.jpg

8. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

The attention to detail in this map is truly amazing. The only issues I've seen so far are in the more 'urban' areas of the town. Some of the block sized buildings have odd, fully enclosed, concrete courtyards and strange roof structures when viewed from above(see attachment).

The other thing that I think this map could definitely make use of is a little mud. C'mon now, there's no way that a town as rural as the one in the map wouldn't have it's fair share of mud pits carved into the earth by local rednecks:cool:.

Attached Files:

• East coast.jpg
  9. trondmartinwp

trondmartinwp
    Expand Collapse

As much as I love East coast, USA, I have a problem with it. It seems like everytime i go near vegetation, this happens:
    screenshot_00000.png
    I also get this problem on Dry Rock Island

#29 trondmartinwp, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  10. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

At first I thought it was going to be like Dry Rock Island...
    But then I took a slow drive through it and discovered they were even more details (hidden houses, off-road trails, jumps...) than I first though and whoa it's such a good map !

The roads are good fun, even if they aren't as deadly than usual, and the scenery is beautiful.

But I think the swamp house lacks ivy, the blue house near the sea and the island could be awesome as a fishing shack, the beaches look like concrete from far and it would be really fun to have a cave under Fir Rocks (that's the name of the city right?)
    I'm already imagining a crawl trail mixing natural caves and sewer :)

Keep the awesome work !

11. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

There is a weird stretch of green water over by the secret swamp that sticks out-

Attached Files:

• 5f398821f9d354657445222d3b2f089e[1].jpg
    • 7e043982613fc18b2218695dad2523e1[1].jpg
  12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Delete your game cache

13. isaiahk

isaiahk
    Expand Collapse

sucks all the other levles work just fine but ECA crashes the game every time I play ECA no offenes

#33 isaiahk, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried deleting the game cache?

• Like Like x 1
  15. trondmartinwp

trondmartinwp
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your help. :D

#35 trondmartinwp, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  16. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I found a few "bugs"

1) Around the area in the first pic there's something in the road that eats tires/tyres and sometimes also suspension bits..
    2) there's a triangle without grass texture
    3) the collision of the sidewalk of the bridge ends when the "guardrail" ends, while the sidewalk actually is a bit longer, so you just drive straight through it.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00001.jpg
    • screenshot_00002.jpg
    • screenshot_00003.jpg
  17. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

I fixed 2 and 3 but couldn't find 1 yet.

18. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

#2:
    illu.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

ramp in road

Attached Files:

• 2015-02-17_00012.jpg
  20. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

Seems I got the area wrong. I think it's the yellow line (or very close to it) around this area

Edit: It seems to be the yellow line on this whole street, or at least between the two intersections. When driving over it at a low speed occasionally the tyres get grabbed and at higher speed that results in a flat.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00000.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice