Beater Versions of Every Car

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ADHDRacer, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone! I had a request for a mod someone should make. It would be quite simple, and I would really appreciate someone making it for me/ the community! So, for the covet, they have an old junker version. Blown, Carburetted engine, blown shocks/ suspension, rust, etc. And I was wondering, where is this for all of the other cars? A junker Moonhawk, or a dirty old Burnside, even a ruined old LeGran. There would be certain cars this doesn't apply to, such as the 2016 models, but I think everyone would like a bunch of ruined old cars! PM me if you think you'd be up to the task, I would be able to help with the specs/ what you'd do with it. Thanks for reading!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

Not exactly suggesting a new vehicle, more a function for existing vehicles. As far as I know that thread is for individual vehicle suggestions, and I'm more suggesting something for all of the existing vehicles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

By what I can see, devs seems to use the covet as a "test car" it was one of the first car to have a rally version, to have skins, to have an engine sound, and of course the first to have a Beater version, so we can guess that other cars will get a beater version latter...

#3 Ulrich, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

That sounds about right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see an official beater version for the Burnside...

#5 rryz19, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Even the newer models could have beater versions. Accident + kludgy repairs = beater. So, if you wanted, say, a beater Sunburst, start with the base model and:

-Remove the front bumper, right front fender, and passenger side front door window
    -Put Visqueen over the now-vacant window opening
    -Give the right front wheel obviously excessive negative camber and toe-in
    -Give the radiator a very slow leak

Bam. Beater version of a new car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

A beater version of the late 90s pessima complete with peeled clearcoat, blown headgasket and maybe a dirty engine bay
    for that extra idontgiveadamaboutmycar feel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

And the vehicle in the tech demo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. passengerpigeon

passengerpigeon
    Expand Collapse

I think that only a few cars should have beater versions rather than all of them, for the sake of realism:
    • Pessima (both generations): Bought new by people who don't give a damn about cars, bought used by people who can't really afford a car but need one anyway thanks to nonexistent public transport.
    • LeGran: An underappreciated car that, despite being neglected by supercentenarians and abused by teenagers, just refuses to die thanks to its simplicity.
    • Wendover: See above, minus the reliability.
    • ETK I-Series: German cars cost a lot to maintain, money which people who bought them used often don't have.
    • Miramar: Tens of thousands of these cars are still rattling along the terrible roads of Africa and Southeast Asia.
    I think that the Barstow and Moonhawk are prized enough that most examples around today are restored classics, cars like the Sunburst and ETK800 are too new to have deteriorated significantly, commercial vehicles like the H-Series van and Pigeon have been maintained by the companies they bring revenue to, and the Burnside and Bluebuck are sufficiently old that the only ones around today would be classics, with the neglected beaters in daily use having mostly been lost to attrition by now. Therefore, I don't think these cars should have "Beater" versions as it would be unrealistic to see them being driven in that sort of condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Or for the Miramar, abandoned car in Japan that has been bitten by the rust bug, its pretty much gone.

Wasabicars on YouTube has some good real life examples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Might still be a few around that haven't been over-restored or hot-rodded yet and that are still running but probably won't be for long. Especially the Moonhawk, from the malaise era. On the other hand, any that would still be in this condition now would be less "ultra-cheap used junker you buy because you can't afford anything newer" and more "rust pile that was parked and forgotten in the back of someone's shed/field/yard".

Poorly repaired accident damage, as I said above. With ETKs it would be a bit more difficult to pull of plausibly, since luxury cars are usually repaired properly or written off and sold for parts, not just treated to some duct tape and visqueen and put back into service. Perhaps the beater ETK 800 could be owned by someone who fell on hard times after buying it but is still trying to keep up appearances; thus, it could look perfect on the outside, but have a bunch of dubious chassis and suspension repairs that might fail in "entertaining" ways when the car is pushed hard.

Both are old enough that most of them would probably have been offloaded by now, and the companies that are still using them are probably smaller operations that might even have got them secondhand. The H-series in particular would actually be a good candidate for a beater; hundreds of thousands of miles of commercial fleet use followed by abuse at the hands of someone who doesn't care, or can't afford maintenance, or bought it specifically to beat on, could easily leave one in very poor condition.

See my comments on the Barstow and Moonhawk; there might still be a few left that aren't completely lost but will be if someone doesn't remember/find them soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. passengerpigeon

passengerpigeon
    Expand Collapse

Good points, I guess a beater version of all cars would make sense. As for the ETK800 and K-Series, maybe we could have beater versions of those cars that are like the Escalade in that famous repossession video - bought on credit by someone who can afford neither the car payments nor maintenance rolling around on gaudy oversized rented rims, probably with a dirty or rubbish-strewn interior too. Also, for all of the modern cars, we could have "ex-rental" versions that are cosmetically pristine, but hiding a myriad of issues with the engine, transmission and suspension that would cause a failure during hard driving.
    I forgot to mention in my first post that the 200BX would also be a good candidate for a beater - we need a rice burner version with a badly-fitted bodykit, cheap spoiler, blown engine, poorly lowered suspension that often bottoms out, worn-out gearbox and hidden frame rust that makes it crumple easily.

#12 passengerpigeon, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  13. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

As an american who lives in a not-so-rich area, I can confirm that there are many box chevys/fords that are neglected. Example:Now, even though its not as bad as the Covet, it most likely has ~200,000 miles, some bad engine parts, and rust. Lots and lots of rust. There are other examples, but I can't find them on google (I see them IRL on the daily), and as for modern cars, refer to shotgun Chuck's comment above about how modern cars can be very abused. The Barstow I understand you'd never see as a "Beater", but there are many project cars out there, and I feel that would be a proper name for that. Example:
    Edit: for the burnside, refer to the barstow. (off topic: Does anyone else think the barstow ridiculously resembles a '66 Dodge Charger?)

• Like Like x 1
  14. thesubarulovah

thesubarulovah
    Expand Collapse

I support the all beater car idea but you have to do it right first get a car and make it weak with power brakes rust no suspension worn out tires
    then focus on faults or bad parts (beater car owners call them quirks) then you implement them (no window on ---- side or drivers tire is popped or something like that).
    then give the car a junky appearance.
    then a sad backstory( to the car anyway.)

15. thesubarulovah

thesubarulovah
    Expand Collapse

I love my beater cars and i would like to have one of every car
    how do i pm you?

16. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

The D-series should have a beater too. Out in country towns, there are always farmers and hunters using aging trucks. Use the rusted version from the "New start" campaign (I know that's not what it's actually called), add a gun rack in the bed, remove the tailgate, put some Bush '00 stickers on the bumper, add a leak or two in the engine, maybe break a taillight, put a country song on the little radio screen inside, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

There used to be one for like every vehicle

18. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The Moonhawk fits the beater condition due to it's nature as a 70's GM Colonnade era car, during the 90's all the way to 2016, most of these cars were uncared and driven to the ground.

19. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Some ideas:
    - A beater Hopper can be an ex-rental, with a rental paintjob, really worn suspension, misaligned steering and off-roading scratches,
    - A beater Grand Marshall can be a bondo'd up, scratched and bashed ex-cop car that should have died years ago.
    - A beater SBR4 would be an ex-film stunt car or racecar, so it has replacement pieces from different trim levels and suspension geometry thrown off-kilter,
    - A beater Miramar would basically be rust galore, with massive holes.

20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

When the game was young the Devs were taking it in a demolition derby simulator direction, which is why the Barstow and Moonhawk have dirt racing configs. Now that the game is being taken in a racing simulator direction we are not seeing any demolition derby ready configs for new cars. WCUSA has so many new types of race tracks for the game, including a dirt oval, that I am sure we will see more car configs released tailored to those types of tracks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice