Expand Collapse

Dylan Ranstead submitted a new resource:

Zeal Island - Exploring The Limits Of Off Road Vehicles

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Can you provide a top down map of Zeal island and the location of that supposed mount doom....because I may have to fight up it, I got a certain 6x6 I wanna push to the limit....if I know the location of Mount Doom I will CLIMB IT...

Okay since my rock crawler mod appears to be broken I wont edit the map but a general layout would be nice so I know where everything is...

#2 RobertGracie, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

After playing with it for a while, I noticed that it needs some major optimization on the beach area. My framerate goes from 55-ish to 9!
    Still, awesome map! :)

4. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

Mt.Doom is to your left when you spawn in, but here is a map as well showing all of the other locations.
    Thanks for the feed back!
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry about the frame rates, I am looking into ways for a better frame rate but still having the lush forest feel to it, I will hopefully be putting out an update that tends to the framerates but for the mean time if is to much of a pain you could change the setting "Disable Shadows" to "All" or "Partial" for a higher, more stable framerate.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Attached Files:

• OverView.jpg
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This is really great and challenging rock crawling map, which also might be reason for me finally to get dedicated gpu.

I did try triplets with a tractor, lots of low branches blocking visibility on route that leads to triplets, but then again, one might consider tractor being equal to cheating, next with the wheel loader :)

6. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about the frame rates, I am looking into ways for a better frame rate but still having the lush forest feel to it, I will hopefully be putting out an update that tends to the framerates but for the mean time if is to much of a pain you could change the setting "Disable Shadows" to "All" or "Partial" for a higher, more stable framerate.
    Thanks for the feedb
    Hahaha, I don't mind what you use, whatever gets you to the top :).
    I am in the process of trimming trees at this very moment (Well Depends on when you read this :)) I am going through and taking out all unnecessary trees, this will help with the Fps, and I'll make sure to get a better visibility through the Climbs.
    Thank you very much for the feed back!

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is not that bad in performance wise, after all I can play it with low spec i3 and without dedicated graphics card, but I know that with this system even running basic map is pushing it, running beautiful map with this system is getting nose bloody fast.

What little I have tested, jungle rock island is about the same performance wise. Of course with my system anything but grid map runs poorly, so maybe I just don't have idea ;)

8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Theres more than one way to skin a cat....I can beat Mount doom and I havent had FPS problems I am running a powerful enough computer not to have to worry about FPS

9. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    I'm Waiting on a update to be approved, In the update I have taken out a lot of trees and this will help with the Fps, once you have that it should be much more bearable. :)

10. PCPlushie

PCPlushie
    Expand Collapse

Not to get on the FPS train, but it is an issue, but only if you look at a the forest...

11. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

I'm Waiting on a update to be approved, In the update I have taken out a lot of trees and this will help with the Fps, once you have that it should be much more bearable. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Yea sorry about that, I have updated the map, the update takes out a lot of the trees, it just needs to be approved by a staff member then you should be good to go!

• Like Like x 1
  12. VocalCloth

VocalCloth
    Expand Collapse

So I was able to climb the rock in the parking lot... however couldnt get much further than that lol, tires kept popping and truck kept stalling

13. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

Yea that hill is quite the challenge, I suggest using a mod, or heavily modified vehicle and using "realistic" shifting mode and staying in first for a fighting chance.

14. VocalCloth

VocalCloth
    Expand Collapse

I actually tried doing it in first and kept popping my tires, and the engine kept stalling, even on the dirt part, I tried using my modded tires on a d series and despite the massive amount of traction, they would constantly pop, I also used other vehicles as well, such as the TrophyT, but its dif werent doing the job needed to climb the damn thing its almost like i need a winch to climb but i feel like that would be cheating...

15. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

16. Dylan Ranstead

Dylan Ranstead
    Expand Collapse

17. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

An vehicle will stall if it's rpms drops below an certain number. Just go into realistic mode and change the clutch assist on in the settings.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting mostly 60fps (limited) with intel HD 530 in i3, sometimes I get odd slowdown without drop in fps and sometimes 30fps with 50% gpu utilization, but that does happen with other maps with lot of trees too, so I think chopping those trees down did very good job on performance, not many maps I get 60fps!

My attempt of climbing with wheel loader did result massive repair bill, which I found out after barrel rolling down the hill, not the best equipment for the job :)

19. VocalCloth

VocalCloth
    Expand Collapse

So I tried BowlerHatJack's advice, and failed... all the mods i tried failed tremendously , but the only problem with the D35 PIG, is that I need a mod that gives me sticky tires for the second part because no matter what i slide... I would like to see how the one guy did it.

Also be sure to go on my channel to see other things I've done in BeamNG!!!

20. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried doing it in by putting it in low instead of high? You toggle that with either ctrl+a, ctrl+s or ctrl+d. I don't remember which one. I tried it myself but I failed and I'm not really sure it's possible without thrusters or something cheaty like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice