Your/your family's first car

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Nathan 03, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

So what was your/members of your family's first car? I personally am not old enough to drive But here are my parents' cars as an example:
    My mum: late 70s-early 80s Ford Fiesta ford_fiestamk1.jpg
    My dad: early 80's VW Polo (Image is a MK2 but I am not sure if it's a MK1 or an MK2) VW_Polo_II.jpg
    (Not my pics btw)

#1 Nathan 03, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

My father: 1997 Nissan Almera, though he used my grandpa's 1991 FSO Polonez before.

My maternal grandpa: Fiat 126p, somewhere in the late 70s/early 80s.

My paternal grandpa: 1991 FSO Polonez.

My mother's brother: 1997 Nissan Almera, bought from my dad.

My maternal grandma's sister: Fiat 126p, somewhere in the late 70s/early 80s.

My mother, my father's sister, both of my grandmas and my great-grandparents have never had any cars, and I don't know about other people in my family's first cars.

3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

My dad's first car was a 1978-85 Chevy Malibu coupe black
    My mother I do not know
    My is nothing but I'm thinking of getting a 1984-89 Corvette I mean it's a Corvette my coolest level will go up by 20, they're not that fast so cheap insurance, and easy to find parts.

#3 nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

My dads first car was a Ford Orion that he bought but before that it was lots of American muscle from his days in South Africa at his grandfathers farm (he was born in Rhodesia, I wont answer anymore questions on that okay thats personal stuff there) the earliest car I remember him having was a VW Passat he always had the biggest car in the family, always estates until recently where he switched to a Jaguar XF and hes not looked back, I think it went VW passat, 2 Vauxhall Omega estates, a large run of Saabs and then Jaguars, first Jaguar was a 2009 Jaguar XF Diesel 3L V6 S that car had a broke DPF filter on it and we sold it for a 2013 Jaguar XF 3L V6 Supercharged in black see below and its the current car of the family

My mums first car that I can personally remember was probably an old Volkswagen Jetta with a Leaded engine in it after that a Rover which was horrible!, then another car that I cant remember, a White Skoda with a 2 Litre engine that was defective something about a Lamda circuit in the exhaust, Saab 9-5 Saloon (which I learned to drive it because it had a lot of low down power for a petrol engine gave me static shocks every time I touched the body work), Jaguar X-Type and a Volvo V60 D5 SE LUX (which I drive)

My brother has had my mums old Saab and a Volvo V60 D5 SE NAV

As for me, Volvo V60 D5 SE LUX (as I stated above that its my mums), but I do drive my dads Jaguar XF 3L V6 Supercharged (black rims and anthracite black body colour it looks deep purple or deep blue but its actually black) from time to time but theres a catch there that he or my mum has to be with me, the only time that rule was bent was a few days ago when my brother had to take it to some coach works to look at a bit of body work damage on it, but that was the only time my brother was allowed to drive it on his own

Pretty boring really, I have driven so far in the entire fleet I have driven, 2002 Saab 9-5 Hot Aero Estate with a broken gearbox (no 5th gear), 1997 Saab 95 Saloon, Brothers 2011 Volvo V60 D5 SE NAV, 2010 Volvo V60 D5 SE LUX and the 2013 Jaguar XF 3L V6 Supercharged, so you could say I am experienced with all sorts of cars from Manuals to the Automatic 2013 Jaguar, it doesnt make any difference to me just remembering where to plant the left foot when its needed or not

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice