Your opinion on YouTube's 10k view rule

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by AllTerrainOutlaw, Apr 9, 2017.

?

Is this good or bad?

1. Yes it's Good

38.5%
  2. Nope it's Bad

46.2%
  3. I

15.4%
  1. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

well i heard that youtube will not allow you to partner with ads unless your channel has over 10k views.

In my opinion it is bad for us smaller you-tubers who wanna make a buck or 2. People say it will help prevent people from stealing videos and re-uploading them for money and prevent extremist videos. One who wants adds must go through approval be for monetizing.

So what about the honest smaller channels?

2. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I've never heard of this, but it honestly doesn't make a difference either way. I have 2,430 views on my channel and it says I've made $0.59 in ad revenue, so you're literally only making a buck or two with less than 10,000 views anyway. Not to mention YouTube won't send you a cheque until you've made at least $10. If it was 10k per video, that would be different, but 10k total is nothing.

3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I have 4,014 views on mine, get rekt scrubs! Mind you I would make another channel if I wanted to make money on the Youtubes.

That rule is fine with me as you wouldn't make enough to buy much if you were below 10k channel views anyway.

4. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

You have to get to $100 before you can withdraw from Adsense.

5. ItaliAsian

ItaliAsian
    Expand Collapse

10k views is not that many in my opinion. Also as @samtg555 said you will need to earn $100 of adsense before they will even payout. So at 10k views at a CPM of $2.00 you would only make $20 if every single view had and ad on it, but it doesn't work like that. I have 22k views on a video that was monetized from day one and it has only made a whopping $4.44, so the idea that this 10k minimum view limit before monetization is somehow hurting smaller youtubers is a fallacy. If you are just starting out on youtube and youtube is about making money to you, you are doing it wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I don't know or care how many views there is on my channel.

Biggest problem in YT is people fishing clicks, they try to make views, not to share information or offering something useful to watch, instead they try to maximize how many views they get.

It seems that YT even supports that kind of usage better than original purpose of video site, recent changes have made it so that related videos are very strongly directed to those who fish views aggressively.

I think ads and monetization is just one big problem because of it attracts these persons who setup channel only because they want views and make money from clicks instead offering worth to watch stuff. Many just copy same old videos, put different thumbnail in and repeat that year after year.

So I have set my channel to not display ads, as much as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

giggles, well in around 3/4 yrs of my channel existing i have made 1$ on all of my videos combined, and that was from YouTube Red.

I have however started a new channel, but i know it wont reach 10K views, like thats a lot of views imo (its called Explaining Mobile CPUs)

***EDIT***
    I thought it meant 10K views on one video, if it is lifetime views then that is easy :p you just need to make a lot of videos that people will watch.

8. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Its been in place since like November last year, honestly won't really matter though, 10k views is easy over all videos combined and even before you couldn't withdraw adsense money until it hit $100, alot more money than 10k views would ever get you.

9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

An agree icon is not enough agreement to agree with this statement. I completely agree with what you said, before 10000 views you don't make much money, so that's just keeping away the creepy and crappy Minecraft YouTubers wanting free money.
    --- Post updated ---
    Personally, that's too generic of a topic to make many videos off of. Maybe explaining mobile devices?

10. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I have 13K views and barely made a dime. I don't think it's stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I don't make videos but I use Opera's Adblock to skip ads in other people's. It even works on the mid-video video ads somehow.

12. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I've been going for a little over 1.5 years, and I have 42.5k views.

I do think this 10k views rule is good, any less and you wouldn't really be making much money anyway.

But I'm not allowed to monetize :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

10k views is not really that much. It is good to have a 10k view limit to keep the channels that are not serious about making videos; If your serious you will get 10k views in no time .If you have good quality videos that you like the views will come your way. The channels i upload on (BeamNG.TV, CaptanW) are entirely different even based on the same game. CaptanW is cinematic trailers for peoples mods and BeamNG.TV is crash compilation crashes.

14. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

youtubes rules change every 15 seconds or less. It will be dead sometime

15. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

i have 50000 so i dont care, sucks for smaller ytbers tho

16. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I just noticed that almost every reply has agreed that demonetisation under 10k views at the very least doesn't matter, but the poll currently sits at 8 good/10 bad. Counting the posts, I get 4 that say it's a good thing, 5 that say it isn't a bad thing (they may think it's good, they just didn't specifically say so), and only 2 that specifically say it's a bad thing. Assuming the ones who didn't say it was bad would vote 'good', you would expect the poll to be about 15/3 with the same number of voters. I wonder why there's such a disparity.

17. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

I think it's good, or, at the very least, doesn't matter. In fact, it can be rather annoying to have to sit through ads on really small channels that will be making virtually no revenue anyway.
    It's not as if the threshold was 100k views, either. I've gotten a little over 2k views (w/8 videos) in the past year, and I'm not trying to become a youtube entertainer - anyone who wants to make money off ads should be doing much better than me very easily.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice