1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your BeamNG Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 14, 2017.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

How'd you get introduced to this game? What made you come here? What's your general BeamNG story?

Here's mine:

I was watching Need For Speed videos, and one of @Nadeox1 's old police chase videos came up. At that point, I thought BeamNG was a new Burnout 3 (Mostly due to the destruction). I soon learned that it was an in depth simulator. I was interested, but for some reason I never got steam until 2016. (It was 2014 then). I watched the forums, and actually got hyped for updates to a game that I didn't own. Eventually I got the techdemo, and I was occupied for HOURS with the covet on gridmap. When I FINALLY got the full game, it blew my mind. Then I joined the forums. And now, here we are today.

What's your story?

• Like Like x 1
  2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

My story was that i was on a videogames site for wirld racing 2 mods and they always had something about new games and beamng was there saying they launched a tech demo of the game i played that alot and found the forums shortly before they launched it on steam so i bought it when it came out on there. I also remember that i checked everyday on steam just to see if its out already the same thing i did with automation

• Like Like x 1
  3. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Was mid-late 2012 i think. I was looking for car games that had pretty realistic crash physics. Was also trying to see if there were any good simulators that had them. Was watching vids on youtube when it popped up in the side bar of suggestions on a video, clicked it. From then i hopped on the hype train. Bought it on launch day and started modding that same year. Now its the only game i play.

• Like Like x 7
  4. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

I was watching some F1 Crash Compilations, and Nadeox1 F1 car video popped up. I was always interested in cars and car crashes, so i thought that i`d check it out. Downloaded the Techdemo, and in the hype i was in, i bought the game one month later.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

saw the very first beamng youtube video shortly after it was released and knew that someday id play it, when it was released my computer was shit, but I got a better one in 2015 and finally bought the game shortly after, ive played it on and off since then

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Stumbled across a Rigs of Rods video, found website, joined forums and then downloaded the game. I played the sh!t out of RoR for about a month until I found the first BeamNG video. Continued to play RoR right up until BeamNG first came out. I actually have an old screenshot of the timer on one second, just before the game released.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

i just was looking for demolition derby games and then found this. I bought it a week later when it was $15, (best 15 iv ever spent)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

This is the video that started it all

Played Rigs of Rods from 2011 until 2013 when I found out about BeamNG. Played demo in late 2013 and downloaded cracked version of BeamNG and played that till December 26, 2014. Remember when BeamNG was 20$?

oh man, my first post on the Rigs of Rods forum. Asking why I had red boxes around my mirrors.

#8 Rainvest, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

It was early 2016 or late 2015 I believe, and I was working on programming a game with my friend. We were messing around with destructible meshes, and wondered if there was a way to make a realistic damage model for a car. After a quick google search along the lines of "video game realistic car damage," we discovered BeamNG. We immediately downloaded the tech-demo, and I soon purchased the full version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Note: I played Roblox before any of this happened. I totally forgot how I found it, but I was probably 9.

Chapter 1: RoR - Because my first word was "Car" at 3 or so, I was so far into automotives that it couldn't get out of my head. Once I got onto youtube (not making an account) I really wanted a lot about cars, and this was 2013-14 maybe. All the sudden, I found about this amazing thing called RoR. Because of my love for Monster Jam and Monster Trucks, I wanted the game soooo badly since the community there seemed amazing! Sadly, I had the worst computer ever, so it was very hard to run it. I got close a few times until maybe 2015, I somehow, someway got it (very blurry). I was very into the RoR community and made a bunch of friends, and I am a very good driver now!

Chapter 2: BeamNG Drive - So, I was on youtube on and off, and (as many people were) I saw Nadeox1's Police Chases and Rollovers. I was very into Police (though not into joining something like a RP group.) So I was like 'Ooooooh, what is this game!?' I think after having an orgasm over BeamNG, I really wanted It obviously. I never knew it costed money, and since my family was poor, I couldn't get much. Because Steam was the new big thing, I got it, though I couldn't get anything that costed any type of money, but I never knew there was a Tech Demo. I knew my laptop couldn't run Beam because of the outstanding crash physics, so I waited and waited until we had some type of money, and I had something good enough. (the laptop I had at the time could barely even run RoR's online server's.) It was until near Late 2016, early 2017 that I finally was able to get BeamNG. (you can probably see my join date.) And, that pretty much Wraps it up.

Conclusion: I got into RoR, and youtube helped me find BeamNG Drive. Thanks for Reading!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Back in 2013, I was browsing YouTube, and I came across this video:

I was hooked. I downloaded the tech demo a couple days later, but my computer back then was crap, so it ran at 5 fps. Since my computer couldn't run the game well, I watched YBR and InsaneGaz videos for a long time. In late 2015, I got a new PC. I bought Beamng a day later. It was as awesome as I remembered. I made an account for the Beamng forums many months later, and that's the end of my story.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

I was watching InsaneGAZ's GTA crash videos back in August 2013 when I decided to watch one of his BeamNG.Drive videos at first I wasn't interested but I soon started to like it I then discovered YBR in December 2013 and I decided to download the tech demo which I had until I bought the early access Steam version on October 7 2014 and it's the only PC game I currently play other than Sims 3

• Like Like x 1
  13. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

I was watching one of FailRace's videos, I don't remember which one, when I stumbled across a BeamNG video. I looked it up and was excited to get it. About a year later, I finally had a computer that could play it, and finally bought the game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I was wondering down the place of death and life that was known as youtube. I was a wary traveler back in these days, and A newfound obsession with cars appeared out of the mist... I needed more... I was looking at crash videos when a strange sight appeared! Behold! It was A Beamng video... I was AMAZED! It was like nothing I had ever seen before... I needed more... I found YBR! That was amazing, So much beautiful content! This was my first Video... This was my first video, I watched back in 2015... I kept watching... I wanted More! I bought the game later, on a crappy PC. That was back at 0.4.0.5. I played for a while... Then got bored. Later, this February, I got it on a better computer! I now play... Happy.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

Hard to believe that video is now nearly3 years old I remember when it was first uploaded lmao

• Like Like x 1
  16. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I was watching twoawesomegamer's minecraft skyblock series (funny af, totally reccomend it) and this video came up on the side:

17. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Minecraft, and in the recommended, there is BeamNG. What?

18. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

both by the same people.

19. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I loved to play Burnout and GT when I was a kid, and dreamt of a game that would mimick reality. Then RoR came along, and I loved that game, even on my Pentium laptop from 2008 or something. I played and played, had about 1000 hours on it, kept playing, until back in 2013, when a friend of mine recommended a game called Spintyres. I was instantly in love with that game, and bought it soon after. While watching some YouTube videos of gameplay (like I do before buying any game), it recommended a YBR video of BeamNG.drive. I decided to take a look, and fell in love faster than Spintyres. I instantly bought it without another video, and that was/is one of my all-time favorite games. The reason I'm into 3D modeling is because I wanted to mod for BeamNG. (Now I model without beamNG cause it's fun) It's changed my life for the better.
    Thank you @devs :D

#19 BombBoy4, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Oh okay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice