Solved Yet another problem with the corolla

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by cowboy905, Sep 3, 2016.

1. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

Of you saw my other post( http://www.beamng.com/threads/corolla-jdm-weird-wheel-origin-problem.30113/ )
    You can see the texures. I had just added a turbo, and was so happy when started to drive, and heard a blow off valve. Because i have never added a turbo before. But anyways, after that i went into blender, added some little tweaks, and exported it.
    But when i did, i clicked these boxes
    pic1.png
    The two boxes above COPY

(My name is Adam not Zach fyi)

And when i did, i tested my car, and i see this
    pic2.png
    So how can i fix this? iv tried exporting the collada again without those boxes checked, but it still won't work.
    Any help guys?

2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

3. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

The other guys might be on it with helping you already, if so ignore me :) If you're trying to get materials to work you need to create a materials.cs file. The exporting of materials in blender is not used for beamng. Your model will have a material that you added in blender, all you need to know is the name of that material. Then find a materials.cs file from another vehicle or whatever and copy it into your mod folder. Open it with notepad, and then change the material name to the name of your models material, and change the texture names/file paths to your vehicles texture names.

4. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

I already have all that, and the textures of the car worked fine, until i clicked something by accident.

5. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Try clearing your cache and try exporting again. Also check the names of your models materials, the names in the materials.cs, ect and make sure everything is still correct and matching. Also as stated if you send one of us the file we can try and help further!

6. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

As @Hondune already mentioned, the material names in your materials.cs file have to match the name you gave the mesh in your 3d application before.

So if the mesh's material name is 'supermaterial', the mapTo property in the materials.cs file has to have the exact same string to be linked to that material.

Code:
    singleton Material(materialname)
    {
       mapTo = "supermaterial";
       diffuseMap[0] = "vehicles/yourvehicle/null.dds";

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice