1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

would you like me to create a trailer? for pickup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sevennemesis, Nov 4, 2013.

?

would you like to have a trailer for pickup?

1. OMG!

42 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. yeah

28 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. it could be fun

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. no

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

I would like to collect votes to see if you would like me to create a trailer for pickup SIMPLE (1 or 2 axles)

post pictures or suggestion.

2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

yeah I dont see why not but do it for the Gravil H45 try and turn that into a tractor unit for a truck and trailer

3. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

a trailer like this would be cool :)

CarMate-7-x-16-Car-Trailer-for-Sale.jpg

4. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

YESSSSSS omg I want this so badly. I would suggest a box trailer. Resembling the cargo addidtion to the Gavril H-Series. But now that I think about it... A car trailer would be awesome too. So I can tow around my covet :p I vote for the car transport trailer

5. Ehet

Ehet
    Expand Collapse

Of course! :)

6. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Something to carry around a golf cart or two...?

hint hint...

#6 CTJacob, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  7. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

hahahaha! yeah why not!

8. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Dude, are you kidding? A trailer designed for carrying cars or...golf carts? HELL YES.

If I can stick a Covet on a trailer, and tow it with the D-series (or trophy truck), I would crap chickens.

9. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

I will try to make a universal design for most vehicle remains stuck in the trailer. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Post pictures of trailers that you would like

10. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

cars and stuff might not sit on it properly though. Try putting something in the bed of the d15 and you will see what I mean. I don't know a fix for that.

11. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely yes. I like the ideas of a car or a golf cart trailer. Those head one crashes at combined speeds of 200mph should prove to be rather enjoyable.

Cargo does shift/move in real life. That's why cars, machinery and equipment are always secured with straps or chains. Sometimes, depending on the cargo, trucks will even have their skids secured to the floor. Have you never experienced the traffic mayhem after a semi's load had shifted while taking a ramp too fast?

Would it possible to secure the cars to the trailer using modeled chains/straps which are also affected by the game's physics? In other words, can the game handle straps and chain links that break?

#11 Smeowkey, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  12. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

http://www.beamng.com/threads/4727-objects-intersect-each-other?highlight=d15+cargo

13. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

^ I see thanks. I have encountered that problem too and was wondering if I should read more of the forums before asking about it.

14. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

normal, the bed of the pickup is narrow and was not created to carry objects.

a large platform, with triangles of collision on all wall, the problem should be solved. I'll see if I can think of a system that block the vehicle on the platform

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

16. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Had to post this. Maybe for the back gate part you could do something like Mythbuster did with the Soft-top on the Caddy. Like make it so the gate goes down when you turn on the lights.
    sdgssfgaddg.jpg

17. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The problem is that collision triangles are easily penetrated from the inside. We are going to devise a way to give them thickness and equal impenetrability from both sides, so you can carry things inside the D15, H15, and H45 without them sliding through the walls and getting stuck. Right now, if I were to just duplicate the triangles and make them double sided, any collision would result in getting stuck, because it pops slightly through the collision triangle and is unable to pop back out (since there is an equally impenetrable collision triangle right there, facing the other way, keeping it stuck).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice