Would it be possible to port the map from Forza Horizon 1-4 or The Crew 1-2 to BeamNG.drive?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by mrwallace888, Sep 29, 2020.

1. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

This is something I've been wondering for a long time.
    Would this actually be theoretically possible?

This especially boggled me in regards to Forza, because for example with certain car mods for games (like car mods for GTA V) or car models from Garry's Mod (like TDM Cars or SGM Cars, etc.), they tend to say the model actually came from Forza Motorsport or Forza Horizon. So this got me wondering... if people can port car models over, surely they can port map models over, too? I don't know. I'm just throwing a curveball here.

As for The Crew's map, I found a thread here on Zenhax that appears to be some sort of map tool. I didn't look at it all the way through but I'm guessing it lets people mess with the map model or export it or something?

Maybe someone here who's got loads more experience compared to me could correct me with this stuff if I'm wrong.

Thoughts?

2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, those maps are MASSIVE, and running that map as one object would kill your pc. Splitting it up would be a pain, along with importing all the objects on the map.
    Smaller maps, like those from assetto are definitely importable, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Well that The Crew map export thing apparently does it in sections too IIRC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice