Solved World Editor issues

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by el_ferrito, Jan 6, 2022.

1. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

EDIT: This problem seems to be fixed for me.

I can't get it to do anything anymore without crashing. In general it is this error, but I get others often enough too.

upload_2022-1-6_13-39-32.png

I think it related to memory availability. So my question is really whether there is a way to increase the amount of memory available to the game, as it doesn't seem to use all of my computer power?

Otherwise, any other hints? I've deleted all mods, reinstalled the game, cleared caches, etc.

To be honest, I am now giving up on making any more maps. I finally learned how to do it with my Somerset map at the end of last year, but I can't even replicate something like that anymore.

Kudos to those who continue the battle. I look forward to enjoying the fruits of your labours.

#1 el_ferrito, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  2. Allots

Allots
    Expand Collapse

I've had a similar problem, except my error was about a "STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN". With your problem, you may want to check that there isn't any unimportant tasks/programs running in the background. That could possibly cause the issue. When in the game, try removing your vehicle so that you're only in freecam mode, and try pausing physics to minimize things that BeamNG needs to run. As always, if the problem persists, the best thing to do is to contact their support, however these are suggestions I have that might help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I will try. I'm trying hard not to give up, but it is disappointing to spend hours trying different approaches and have them not work.

Appreciate the suggestions.

4. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

divideby0.png
    This annoying thing keeps happening out of the blue, usually when resizing editor scene/asset/material windows. I'll try to copy and send the error next time.

5. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

I have sometimes similar issues but you should have put this in the troubleshooting forums. :)

6. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  7. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Support ID 121838 created, Ticket: 56868

Divide by zero -crash happens when moving (WSAD) and resizing the scene/asset/material window at the same time.

- update, new ID 122011
    Clean install, no mods, default settings, editor in safe mode. Crashed with the same error when flying in Italy map at 100% speed, accelerated with L-Shift, while decreasing a window that had scene tree and inspector in it.
    I was deliberately trying to get the crash and it took a while fooling around like that. Maybe too many buttons were pressed at once or something. It's still annoying when it happens accidentally and all work is lost if auto save feature is not on.

#7 ltntai, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  8. Atlantis_Boy

Atlantis_Boy
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the information

9. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Please make sure to update the game to the latest version 0.24.1.2 and check if the issue persists.

10. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

New ID 124096

Now it can happen just by resizing a window that holds scene+asset+material+inspector while not even moving the camera.
    screenshot_2022-02-10_17-59-33.jpg screenshot_2022-02-10_17-59-46.jpg
    Just before the Divide. Editor freezes for a second, then crashes to desktop. Tried this on a few maps, both in normal and in safe mode.

There is another, maybe related issue: Locked flight/movement, that I think shouldn't happen. Press and hold W to move, click and hold Left Mouse Button on window or toolbar, release W, release LMB. Movement can be stopped only by clicking W. Works with all WSAD combos.

11. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Divide by zero -crashes are back in 0.25.5.0. I made a new ticket (63769), Support ID 135831.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice