1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

World Editor is Crashing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cincinnatus, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to import a model of Circut de la Sarthe from Assetto Corsa into BeamNG.drive but when I try to load it in it crashes. Do you think the track is just to big and I should import seperate peices of the model?

2. kirbyguy22

kirbyguy22
    Expand Collapse

Use the old editor (CTRL + SHIFT + F11), the new editor tends to crash with large models. It can take a long time (up to a few mins) to import very large models so you have to be patient as well.
    I was able to port AC's Nordschleife in one piece so the Le Mans track shouldn't have an issue getting in-game. Good luck!

3. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

I'm using the old world editor already.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'll take a screen recording
    --- Post updated ---
    The weird thing is the map isn't even that detailed.
    btw how did you import textures?
    Here is the screen recording of me trying to import the lemans track into beamng.drive. At the end of the video it crashes but I'm using the xbox game bar to screen record so when beamng.drive crashed the recording stoped
    --- Post updated ---
    I saw that nadeox1 has a video on how to import models from blender into beamng.drive but I just tried putting a dae with one of the peices of the map next to a materials folder with the textures inside but the textures and collisions didn't work so tried to do what nadeox1 did in his video, I opened the map that I was trying to import and I could see the textures but when I opened the blender export template in blender I couldn't see any textures on anymore, it was just white and I couldn't go into material mode anymore.

Attached Files:

#3 Cincinnatus, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  4. kirbyguy22

kirbyguy22
    Expand Collapse

In 3DSimEd, I export the track to .FBX using the "Copy Texture Maps" option into the BeamNG level's "art" folder, that way all the textures will be updated to the correct path. Then I import the .FBX into 3Ds Max where I update the object names and hierarchy for BeamNG.
    After that, I export to .DAE for BeamNG, and usually all textures will be imported automatically in BeamNG, although the transparency will be messed up for some textures which has to be fixed manually using the Material Editor. If none of the textures import automatically, then I just manually apply textures which takes a really long time...

If you can send me the .DAE I can take a look at it to make sure it looks right.

5. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

ok I'll try that.
    wait what should I do I only have blender
    --- Post updated ---
    in blender when I exported the dae into a folder there were a bunch of textures from the map in it to. They were dds instead of jpg so will it work?

6. kirbyguy22

kirbyguy22
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, BeamNG supports .DDS textures. I recommend using .DDS or .PNG over .JPG as they can save alpha channel information for transparency while .JPG can't

7. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

ok
    --- Post updated ---
    if this doesn't work I'll send u the dae
    --- Post updated ---
    I got an error saying beamng.drive exited unexpctedly when it was loading the dae in.
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---

here is a zip with the textures

#7 Cincinnatus, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  8. kirbyguy22

kirbyguy22
    Expand Collapse

I managed to import it. I think the track mesh object (lemans_2017) was just too big, since I was able to import it only after I split the track into 3 objects. There's also too much materials as well, I don't think any track should have 5,000+ materials so there might have been a problem when you converted the Assetto Corsa track.
    Screenshot2020-09-18150053.jpg

9. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

Ok I'll try splitting the tracks and redoing some of the textures maybe.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think maybe my computer might be another problem since its low end, I'm getting a new computer on monday so I'll show you if I was able to import it on monday. Thanks for your help!
    --- Post updated ---
    Btw I converted the track with a kn5 converter
    --- Post updated ---
    I've confirmed that I have been have problems importing the track because of my computer as I said already I have a new one coming but for now do you think you could save the circut de la sarthe in world editor and send it to me for now?

10. kirbyguy22

kirbyguy22
    Expand Collapse

Sure. I stripped out all of the materials though, since there were way too many, but you can still drive on it.

I recommend opening the .DAE file so you can see how I named and structured the objects. The wiki has a starting template for both Blender and 3DS Max.
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Exporting_static_objects

I believe objects that end in numbers are considered LOD meshes, so unless your map actually has LODs in it, you should avoid object names that end with numbers. The collision mesh needs to be named "Colmesh-#" so that BeamNG will recognize it as the collider.

Attached Files:

#10 kirbyguy22, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  11. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! I would have never been able to get this in beamng.drive without your help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice