Wiper Fluid Sprayers

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by FluffyOreoCX, Mar 17, 2017.

1. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

My Vue's sprayers have "moved" themselves. The left one sprays at the bottom of the windshield, and the right one sprays over the roof. My question is, how do I fix that? Thanks.

2. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

You buy a new car

3. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

You just move the little nozzles. I remember I had a station wagon, and I moved the rear nozzle so that I could shoot the person behind me if they were tailgating me.

4. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

that sounds like so much fun!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

I tried but they won't budge? Also, you're my new favorite person

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Looks like pump makes proper pressure, but something got into left nozzle pipe and is blocking it's desired pressure. Try to clean whole pipe, this that comes after right nozzle tee, if it will not help take off whole left nozzle and try to clean it - do not use needles to push inside nozzles because it will make their diameter bigger so even proper pressure will make it spray on the bottom of windshield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You need a needle that fits inside the hole in nozzle, then you try to move it, if they don't move, you might need to buy new nozzles.

When you buy new ones, go by a hardware store and get something you can attach nozzles to + some correct sized hose, then you can then attach all that to wiper arm.

When you attach nozzles to wiper arm so that they spray to both side of wiper blade, it will clean glass much better and faster than normal position of nozzles, also uses a lot less washer fluid.

Some French cars had this as a standard, I think 405 had it at some point, maybe some other cars had them too, but it is common in buses.

Most challenging part of that mod is to figure out how to make clean install, you could make it look like a spoiler, that is what I did and I guess it actually did work as a spoiler too because no longer stripes, also blade life extended to more than tenfold, so it will pay added costs quite soon.

Another thing was that no matter how bad the weather, nozzles did not freeze out, visibility was really perfect as that setup cleaned glass so effortlessly, just two swipes and glass was clean even from salt spray, which was really hard to clean with conventionally mounted nozzles.

What I think is that every car should have such setup, that would help a lot with traffic safety, but wiper blade sales as well as windshield sales would slow down, so they will not move to that.

Update: I would not avoid putting needle into nozzle, new ones are cheap and that is only way to get them repositioned / cleaned. There is actually tool sold in automotive gadget shops that is made for nozzle cleaning and re-positioning, it will not go very deep into nozzle and has needle that is not too big to avoid nozzle damage.
    New nozzles are sold in same places and usually will outperform your current ones, those nozzles tends to become problematic with time and it is better to replace them, few euros a piece last time I bought those.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice