Windows. y u do dis

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by hduncan806, Sep 21, 2017.

1. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

So I thought oh this is just a glitch maybe it'll fix in the next update. When the next update came around it still said this, I have a legit windows key but every time I try to re enter it, it still says the same error code can someone help I believe I am admin on my pc I set it up myself and told it I was admin. I don't know what to do, it doesn't affect too much but it's just super annoying that i can't change most of my personalization settings and it says Activate Windows in the corner 24/7

Attached Files:

• yep2.png
  2. nolotank

nolotank
    Expand Collapse

Your organization's activation server... are you using AutoKMS? Normally the organization activation server is only used for computer "fleets" in businesses. Was your Windows 10 provided to you by your company, or are you trying to steal a copy of WIndows?

3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Was that stolen or was that legally bought?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

shouldn't have been I bought it myself legally
    --- Post updated ---
    nope im not using AutoKMS and I bought it legally I had a prebuilt that had windows on it already and when this happened I bought a new copy and it still said the same thing the first time i saw this was when I upgraded from an fx 4350 to an fx 8350 i never saw it before that

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Has it been doing this all the time ever since your CPU upgrade? Windows tends to be very picky about component upgrades from what I've heard. Did you try a fresh install of the new copy of windows on your system? Or did you just try the new activation code.

6. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

nope im not using AutoKMS and I bought it legally I had a prebuilt that had windows on it already and when this happened I bought a new copy and it still said the same thing the first time i saw this was when I upgraded from an fx 4350 to an fx 8350 i never saw it before that
    I just tried the new one I need to re install it but I don't have enough room to back up all my stuff ( I have a full 2tb drive)

7. nolotank

nolotank
    Expand Collapse

Although you are correct, I do not think this applies in this situation.

You previously indicated within your profile that your computer is housed inside a NZXT S340. That doesn't sound like a prebuilt. Did you do some swapping around?

Also, you said this issue started happening when you "upgraded from an fx 4350 to an fx 8350". According to your profile, you have had the FX-8350 since (at the latest) December 26th, 2016. Has this issue been plaguing you for nine months? Your original post didn't make it sound like that.

8. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

yes I've had my pc for around a year and a few months last year at around christmas I got a s340 and an fx 8350 and yes this has been happening for nine months and all it does that I want fixed is I can't change anything in the personalization tab in settings and it always bugging me to update windows is kinda annoying

9. nolotank

nolotank
    Expand Collapse

Okay. At this point you need to contact the person who sold you the operating system, as I suspect they are malicious.

In a normal home installation Windows would never say anything about an organization activation server.

Here's some info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volume_license_key

As you can see, your copy of Windows is most likely not legitimately activated. Sorry!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

ok thanks thats what I thought would be the problem thank you for the help. Do you think it would work if I got a key from like kinguin and enter that key without reinstalling it?

11. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

download mor ram

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice