1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Why is the AI still absurdly slow?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Specht77, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

So, after reading those ~15 improvements on Artificial Intelligence on patch 0.10, I was hoping that I could finally do some realistic races, or something close at least...

But it seems to me that the Ai is even slower after patch 0.10, I remember messing with the AI before the patch, and using risk 1.44 they were quite fast, but often they would overshoot some turns, trying to brake inside the turn and going straight/losing control

Now, even with risk 1.44 they are more careful than a grandma driving, they're not even close to be competitive... Like on the video below for example:

The route script I created was:

ai.driveUsingPath{wpTargetList = {'road120', 'road214', 'DecalRoad2661_1', 'road37', 'road111', 'road120'}, noOfLaps = 3, aggression = 1.44}

At first I tried with the slowest covet (1.5 DX) but the AI was too slow, so I took the Track Covet and changed the engine to the 1.5 SOHC Carbureted with Stock Intake, hoping that the AI would go faster on turns as it would have so much grip for the engine...

But as you can see in the video, when it reaches a corner, it slows a looooot...

I gave the AI a 30 seconds head start, and then went racing with a clone of AI's car, and even with the 30 seconds head start, I passed him right after the last corner...

So, is my script wrong? Am I doing anything else wrong? How can I make the AI just a little bit less dumb and more competitive?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Im under the impression that its faster in the latest update, atleast in Destruction Derby it feels like it. Might be wrong but sure feels that way. Cant help you script wise.

3. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Last night I tried to have a 6 car race on Thunder Valley, and all the cars were the same as mine, and I overlapped them 3 times before getting bored. AI needs to be fixed.

4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Just give them a race bolide and race them in a beater covet. You'll find it more challenging that way ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

All jokes aside, the AI really still needs work. It loves to have accidents at random, it makes last minute decisions regardless of what the risk parameter is set to, and can't decide what speed it wants to go when you impose a speed limit. And more small things I would rather not summarize. And lets not forget the topic of it being slow... It makes chases really, boring, especially when you're the one who's running.

I am sure the devs are aware of this and are constantly trying to work on small improvements to the AI. But the thing is that they can't do it overnight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

Tried it, and at corners it still went awfully slow, even when it was almost straight I could keep up using the 1.5 DX covet...

But when it got to a 100% straight, it would finally go full throttle and vanish, that's not really enjoyable

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

The ai is till in what most would call a Alpha or even pre Alpha stage

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice