1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Why has the quality control of the Repo seemingly gotten worse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Narwhal, May 4, 2017.

1. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Im wondering why the quality of the repo seems so poor? We have gotten at least 2 mods that have been taken down due to poor quality or a re-upload. There are many others that are still up and just lack quality. Im not saying the current system is worse than steam workshop. THAT would be a nightmare. I really appreciate the repo as a mod platform. But we were promised there would be some form of quality. And there is kinda. So im just wondering, why has the repo seemingly slacked on the promised quality control and just let (what appears to be, but probably isnt) everything that is blatantly unfinished through? I admit to uploading a kinda crap mod too. But what is stopping the people running the repo from saying "hey this isnt quite up to par with what we want to be shown, how about you upload it to the forums initially and come back with the issues fixed?" . Is it just the massive amounts of mods being uploaded to the repo? Is it not wanting to set guidelines to limit peoples freedom of modding? I am just trying to figure this out.

not looking for hate. Im looking for answers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Please consider that mods are released in different states (Alpha, Beta ..) , an Alpha mod is not finished but the modder just wanted to share it now, to have constructive feedback and ideas :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice