Who is upset about the death of windows vista?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by lyndon123, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Windows 10 is great aside from that microphone spying Cortana. I honestly don't see how Vista was bad. I never got crashes, freezes, or incompatibility issues. it's just the minority trying to make the whole thing look bad and people bandwagon saying it's bad even though they have never had a problem with it.

2. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Windows Vista was objectively bad, hell look at any requirement for a game back in the VIsta days, you'll see almost all of them have a 50% or even 100% higher RAM requirement, as well as higher GPU and CPU requirements over XP, I'm sure it got better with service packs but it was awful on launch.

Windows 10 has countless issues with data collection, baked in adverts and general crap stability

I mean just google it and you get a pretty good idea.

I've had to reinstall the whole OS 5-6 times since launch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

yeah, what I don't get is what they are doing to the OS to break it each time, all it is a new paint app and that's pretty much it, why are they faffing about with the driver system... my tablets ambient light sensor has broken, and god knows if I ever get a driver for that, and the wifi stops working after sleep (you have to cycle on airplane mode) and I check every time on device manager for an updated driver but each time there is none available, windows 10 is using the consumer as the testers, but why?! if they aren't sure on something then get it to the insider builds not the standard one, people do do important things on their laptops/computers and shoving an update that is broken down our knecks is a surefire way to get people to move to Linux

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I dual boot Ubuntu Studio with Windows 10. The only reason I have Windows is to play games with no support for Linux. (Like this one, actually just this one. The only reason I still have Windows is this game.)
    #linuxmasterrace

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice