Solved White materials

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Bernd, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

_20161104_201940.JPG
    Yeah this pic is old
    When not broken, the taillights have a white untextured appearance.
    This is a miracle to me since I copied everything over from the Pigeon.
    Aviable here:
    http://www.beamng.com/threads/pigeon-trailer.32058/

Thank you for all help! :)

2. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

I tried mapping it to pigeon_lights instead, like grab the lines and paste them under, kinda works but it feels hacky :p

3. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't matter if it works, I don't understand what you did tho :rolleyes:

4. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I was a bit in a hurry (and also a bit lazy maybe :p)
    All you need to do is to go in Blender, rename one of the materials to "pigeon_lights", and assign it to the entire taillight, on both.
    After that the lights will work and they'll light up when attached to the pigeon/else :)
    I put the file below if you prefer to use it. I also removed some materials in the .cs file that could conflict with the pigeon (the path lead to the pigtrialer folder, which contains no textures) :)
    screenshot_00001.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Horray! Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

@Firepower / Bernd - what material was assigned before?

7. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

"pigeon_signal_R" or "L" and "pigeon_taillight_R" or "L"
    By the way I don't know if it's the "proper" way to do it, so feel free to correct me :)

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Aside - @Bernd - I think that you need to fix your refnodes. f2ll doesn't exist and you're using it as a refnode.

OK, so when we look at those materials we see that they don't directly contain anything, right? That's tied to the electrics system. There is a declaration in pigeon.jbeam which redirects those empty materials to other ones for ON / OFF / etc. Bernd took that out for the trailer. If the trailer won't have functioning trailer-lights then there is nothing wrong with doing what @Firepower suggested - it's not hacky, it's correct! If the desire is to have brake lights, turn signals, etc then the glowMap must be added back.

In the normal Pigeon we'd have this (look at the ends of the simpleFunction lines):
    Code:
       "glowMap":{
                "pigeon_signal_L":{"simpleFunction":{"parking":0.49,"signal_L":0.49,"lowhighbeam":0.49}, "off":"pigeon_lights", "on":"pigeon_lights_on", "on_intense":"pigeon_lights_on_intense"},
                "pigeon_signal_R":{"simpleFunction":{"parking":0.49,"signal_R":0.49,"lowhighbeam":0.49}, "off":"pigeon_lights", "on":"pigeon_lights_on", "on_intense":"pigeon_lights_on_intense"},
                "pigeon_taillight_L":{"simpleFunction":{"brake":0.49,"signal_L":0.49,"lowhighbeam":0.49}, "off":"pigeon_lights", "on":"pigeon_lights_on", "on_intense":"pigeon_lights_on_intense"},
                "pigeon_taillight_R":{"simpleFunction":{"brake":0.49,"signal_R":0.49,"lowhighbeam":0.49}, "off":"pigeon_lights", "on":"pigeon_lights_on", "on_intense":"pigeon_lights_on_intense"},
                "pigeon_headlight":{"simpleFunction":{"lowbeam":0.49,"highbeam":1}, "off":"pigeon_lights", "on":"pigeon_lights_on", "on_intense":"pigeon_lights_on_intense"},
                "pigeon_reverselight":{"simpleFunction":{"reverse":0.49}, "off":"pigeon_lights", "on":"pigeon_lights_on", "on_intense":"pigeon_lights_on_intense"},

"pigeon_gauges":{"simpleFunction":{"lowhighbeam":1}, "off":"pigeon_gauges", "on":"pigeon_gauges_on"},

//gauge lights
                "signal_L":{"simpleFunction":"signal_L", "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
                "signal_R":{"simpleFunction":"signal_R", "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
                "highbeam":{"simpleFunction":"highbeam", "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
         }

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Yep, refnodes are fixed now
    Oi, didn't knew that exists, now I understand the whole light system. Thank you!

10. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for this explanation ! But the trailer somehow has working lights (turn signals work too)

Though lights are working curently, with no edits except what I did.

11. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Do the textures light up?

12. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

They don't. I didn't notice it when I edited the materials, glowmaps don't work at the moment.

13. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

It seems like Bernd has already cleared things up, but just in case: I think what you are seeing are props of the spotlight kind. :)

EDIT: You're both welcome for the explanation of course. How would we know anything if we didn't share? :)

#13 torsion, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice