1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Where is the unused D-Series tow bed file?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by BryceCharters, May 9, 2018.

1. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

I remember people discussing and showing screenshots (i think in the update speculation thread) of an unused tow truck bed file somewhere in the game for the D-Series, but i cant find it anywhere. Can somebody help me out?

2. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

this one, can be found on: steam / steamapps / common / Beamngdrive / content / vehicles / common / pickup
    Unbenannt.png
    you need to open the pickup_tow.dae in blender, or rather import it there

3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am just asking, is it possible for you to get those files active in game so we can have a "D45 Tow Vehicle" in the game, I was just curious about it

4. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Even if, you would need to make jbeam, textures and what not. So it would be pointless when they push it someday anyway. And it's missing a wheellift anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  5. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for helping.
    If i remember correctly, the devs have stated in a thread somewhere that are several files in the game that are left there for modders to mess around with, and will not be officially implemented into the game, for example lots of the unused siren and horn sounds. If there is a chance that this as also the case with the tow bed, then i think the community should try to get this in the game. I would rather have a proper tow truck in the game sooner than later. :)

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

They are working on it officially (or at least were). They modelled it early on but due to the lack of any rope-ables or ties at the time meant that it wouldn't really work, however now that those features are in game there isn't really any reason it couldn't be added, I assume its just not high on the list of priorities.

There was also a mod a few years ago that added a tow truck that used a jbeamed hook, it worked pretty well but not final dev quality.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice