Where is the "scenariohelper" script?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Aerotactics, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Aerotactics

Aerotactics
    Expand Collapse

I am getting involved in advanced scenario programming and:

1) Would like to break down that scenariohelper script and read all of it's functions and

2) Write an "Advanced Scenario Tutorial" to show people how to include .html and .lua files in their scenarios, as well as building specific scenarios, such as race, delivery, and demolition (topics not covered in Nadeox's original tutorial)

I'm still learning myself, but I feel like I should contribute what I'm learning to others who didn't have a tutorial for advanced scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

I'm maybe a bit late, but just in case you haven't figured it out : The 'scenariohelper' script is here : [...]Steam\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\lua\ge\extensions\scenario\scenariohelper.lua

Usually when I'm looking for something, I use the 'find in files' function of notepad++ with the following directory : [...]\Steam\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\lua. This could be helpful to you if you're looking for example uses of a function, or trying to find where each function comes from

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aerotactics

Aerotactics
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

4. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I am really keen to use functions in my scenarios. I have a vague understanding of whats possible and a basic understanding of C++ I just need to understand how to manipulate it into my stuff. I would love to study it so any help you can give me would be fantastic! Cheers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice