1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Where is the Extreme Boost mod?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by sk8chkn, Apr 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sk8chkn

sk8chkn
    Expand Collapse

Fellow Beamers,
    About a month ago, I downloaded a mod called Extreme Boost, which was exactly as entailed. It would add directional turbo keys to the stock vehicles, allowing the user to boost forward, super brake/reverse, rotate counter-/clockwise, and missile twist R or L. The recent update screwed up my version to the point that I had to do a fresh install of the game and lost all my mods. To my dismay, the turbo mod has since been removed! :( Would anyone know who was the creator of this mod, so I may be able to come into contact with him/her? Thanks guys!:cool:

2. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know such a mod was released, I did make a directional boost mod but it was based on core game files and was banned from release.

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

May i ask why this happened?

4. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

He literally said why. It contained core files, and so was banned.

5. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I can make it without editing core files but it would require a mod of each vehicle and possibley other variations so it would take a long time to complete so its shelved for now, but its still on my list

6. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Because when the game updates, the mod can break the game.

7. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I modded a folder that would in turn overwrite core files, at that point it could crash the game when updated, releasing alot of mods with core files would be a dev's nightmare.

8. sk8chkn

sk8chkn
    Expand Collapse

That must be why my game crashed when the game updated, and why I lost the mod in a first place... Regardless, it was a fantastic mod and I'd love to see a working one in the future!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice