1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Where did my Camera Smoothness go? (Orbit Camera)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Eskim, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

What happened?

After installing a new map, Generic City, i got an issue where i had an infinite loading screen or would get stuck and would not move. I read through the discussion's thread and it was suggested that i cleared my cache since that apparently fixed it for certain people. I tried that, when i opened BeamNG.drive, my camera in orbit seemed to be really touchy and sensitive? Here's a prime example of what i am talking about:

What this clip shows is me using Orbit camera using Right Mouse Button and rotating my camera. It then shows me using Left Shift + C to use freecam and rotated my camera and you can see how smooth it is. By smooth i mean, when i rotate the Camera using Right Mouse Button in Free Cam and stop the mouse, you can see the camera pans for less than a second making it seem smooth. But Orbit camera doesn't have that smooth pan look. You will then see me using the NUMPAD keys to rotate the Camera and again, you will see that it's not smooth, it doesn't pan when you let go of the key.

What have i tried?

- Uninstalling and Reinstalling BeamNG.drive
    - Verify Integrity of Game Files (through steam)
    - Manually Cleared Cache
    - Cleared Cache through launcher tool.
    - Changed FPS Limiter
    - Checked Mouse Settings on the desktop
    - I changed the Filters on the Camera's to see if anything would change (from automatic, grip, direct, pad etc)

None of the above worked.

What is the issue exactly?

It's quite simple. The Orbit Camera doesn't seem to be smooth. This all happened when i installed a new large map, Generic City, and it was suggested that if the game was stuck on the loading screen that you should clear the cache, so i did.

Now, i do have reshade, but i am extremely sure reshade is not the issue here.

If anyone has any suggestions or can help me in this, please do.

2. callinq

callinq
    Expand Collapse

i need this solved, where my camera smooth go? D:

3. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

It's a known issue with the game, they're working on a fix.
    Also, it appears that you're new here, please go ahead and read the links in my signature.

4. callinq

callinq
    Expand Collapse

oh i've been here for a little while, it just wouldn't let me log in. thanks though

5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Bump: This is still not fixed. Once this issue appears there is no way of fixing it other than by giving console commands. Happens when the game crashes. I even found the cause, the forceQuit function is incomplete and doesn't reset all parameters that need to be reset.

6. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

We will look into fixing this issue for the next game update.

As a workaround, you can try to generate thumbnails again for a vehicle with not many configs to fix the orbit camera.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Would be fine if the thumbnail generator actually worked for everyone, but it still doesn't

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice