Where are engines and wheels located?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by coconut_pie, Mar 6, 2019.

1. coconut_pie

coconut_pie
    Expand Collapse

I know where the engine JBEAMs and wheel JBEAMs are for each vehicle, but where are the actual meshes and textures themselves?

I'm taking a different approach to vehicle modding. I've never done a vehicle but really can't be bothered to read the entire wiki.
    I'm a practical person. I learn by doing.
    I've decided to base my first vehicle off of the etk800 chassis, hoping to use most of the drivetrain components. Only changing the aesthetics of the car and making the wheelbase longer and wider (yes, it's a big fat sedan).

I also hope to make my own wheels for the car. I'd like to use current wheels as a reference. That's how I roll. I look how something's already done and then copy exactly that with my own tweaks.

I just need the file location for the engine and wheel meshes/ textures.

TL;DR: I need the file location for engine/ wheel meshes and textures. Working on my first mod and need reference models.

Note: I do plan to look at the wiki when i encounter a problem or hurdle. I'll try to do most by looking at how the etk800 is made. It has the most suitable drivetrain. Though I do hope to make mine electric with a Tesla like drivetrain.

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

3D models, textures, jbeams for wheels are all stored in the common archive in your /content/vehicles/ folder.

In the case of the ETK 800 Series, engine is also in the same archive, since it's shared with the K Series.

3. coconut_pie

coconut_pie
    Expand Collapse

thank you

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice