Wheels breaking under braking and heavy turning

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Firepower, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

So, I made an engine mod + a front diff for the 200bx, currently spins all 4 wheels 'till 4th gear, and that's exactly what I wanted (maybe I'll tweak grip a bit).
    But I have a problem. The front wheel which is pointing inwards when I turn and brake at the same time is ALWAYS detaching when the car slows down.
    How can I fix this ? I've already tried to increase the steering's strength, suspension, doesn't work...
    Thanks for helping !

#1 Firepower, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

From what I could tell when I was messing with suspension(I never could figure it out) there should be specific beams or nodes for detachment, so you if you increase the strength on that it might work, although I don't think that would solve all of the problems(unless the car is stanced and the wheels are meant to be pointing inwards)..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

To give you an example, when I brake and turn left, the right wheel detaches, when I turn right, the left wheel detaches. It's always the wheel opposed to where I'm turning, the other one stays attached though.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that it only happens when I have the front diff on the car.

#3 Firepower, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  4. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

The outer wheels coming off makes since because they have the most force on them but I'm not too sure why it only happens with a front diff. If it has a locked differential you might want to change it to open and that should probably help.

5. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

The problem is that it's already an LSD diff in the front and rear. I'm gonna look at the suspension jbeam.

6. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

LSD is different from open, although it probably should be fine depending on how it's setup, I"d still recommend a fully open diff just for testing if strengthening the detachment didn't work. If you were changing stuff in the steering file I think that would be for the steering breaking if you found a detatchable thing there, the one I'm talking about should be in suspension. and take my advice with a grain of salt, I couldn't even figure out how to raise or lower a car by any noticeable amount.

7. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

Okay so I modified the suspension file and now it doesn't break anymore. I basically put "999999" for beamStrength until the front limiters part.
    Now the front of the car jumps on braking, with or without ABS, but the wheels still detach without ABS brakes when turning. I also noticed a strange glitch coming from what looks like the brake pad, I took a screenshot.
    I'm gonna take your advise and try an open diff.
    I think you have to change PreComp on the coilovers jbeam to adjust the ride height, more info here under "Suspension" : http://wiki.beamng.com/How_To_Edit_Vehicle_Files?langid=1

Attached Files:

• 200BX.jpg
  8. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

Oh I think I found It !
    Thank you, now the wheels actually stay attached ! I had to put "1000000000" (it's one billion I belive) on beamStrength for it to work.
    But now the wheels on the outside (pointing towards the center when I turn) is moving to the back if the speed is too high. Do I have to lower beamDeform ?

9. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean moving to the back? you mean like negative toe?

10. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

I mean like moving towards the rear wheel.

11. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

You gave me an idea. I copied the values from the SBR4 suspension since it's the most powerful official vehicle (apart from the drag cars but they're only good for drag).
    It looks like they are working well for the 200BX too. Gonna try to fix the glitch, which definitely comes from the brakepad.
    Thank you Darren9 and lukerules117 !

12. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

And now that I added the ESC from the SBR4, this thing is a monster !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice