1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Wheel shakes when stopped with response correction curve

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by itachipirate, Oct 24, 2020.

1. itachipirate

itachipirate
    Expand Collapse

I followed the section of the guide here to setup a custom generated response correction curve. Attached below are the 3 curves I generated in a row with WheelCheck. (Max count 100, step log 2 linear force test)

The generated curve(s) feels great except for at slow speeds or when stopped. The guide says to ramp up the curve at the beginning to fix this, but I don't know which value to edit.
    Low torque vibration:

Most wheels cannot handle low torques correctly. The response curve will usually be very plain in the first section, and this will force BeamNG.drive to request huge torques to compensate. This usually creates unwanted vibrations.

To prevent this, make sure you add a slight initial slope to the curve, even if the response curve clearly showed a huge deadzone in that region. This will smooth out the jerky response for low torque situations.
    I'm guessing the value to edit and ramp up is deltaXDeg, but the first 18 or so lines have a deltaXDeg value of 0.

Do I start ramping up only non-zero deltaXDeg values? Do I ramp up the zero values? Or should I modify a different value altogether. Thank you in advance, I never thought my g29 could have this level of fidelity and responsiveness. I just really want to stop the wheel from bouncing left and right and rattling all over the place when I'm stopped!

Attached Files:

#1 itachipirate, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice