What's the proper way to copy road decal files from another map?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Toasty!, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Toasty!

Toasty!
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I want to use the decal road editor, so that I can edge my road and put road marking down the middle etc. My map was built off of HighDef's template, but it didn't come with many options for road decals. I really like the road edge used in the Utah and Tiny Island maps (pretty sure they're the same decal), but I can't seem to find a tutorial on the appropriate method for copying them into my own map. I assume copying the files alone won't work, as I imagine I need to update the decals json? Does the world editor have a nice gui for this, or is it entirely manual? Any tutorials or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

#1 Toasty!, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  2. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toasty!

Toasty!
    Expand Collapse

Thanks heaps.
    --- Post updated ---
    So in the end I just merged the road decal files from the Utah map with my own, and then merged in the json data also. It worked, obviously. I'll assume this is the way to do it, unless/until a GUI option exists for this. Have to say it was painless enough to not be an issue though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice