what you guys think about Initial D?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Plymouth Superbird 1970, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

What do you guys think about it?

2. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Never heard of it

3. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Haha, very funny.

4. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

I’ve only seen 22 episodes of first stage, so if something in my review isn’t true in later episodes or seasons, that’s why.

Total: 5.25/10

Story: 4/10
    The story just felt bland to me. Takumi won every single race, and one race was split into like five different episodes. I wouldn’t mind if there wasn’t much happening, my favorite genre of anime is slice of life, and not a lot always happens in them. I just didn’t like how when something did happen, (the races,) it was split into several episodes. And there were so many similar races, it got boring very quickly. Ok, his hand is duct taped to the steering wheel now, so what? This isn’t Re:Zero, nothing bad is going to happen to the main character. The worst that could happen is he loses the race. It’s not a big deal at all.

Characters: 3/10
    The characters in Initial D felt really static to me. I suppose if I kept watching, I’d see a change in character, but in the 22 episodes I’ve seen, all the characters personalities and actions have remained pretty much the same.

Animation: 4/10
    Alright, it’s kind of cool how they mixed 3d graphics into the animation, and I realize that it was made in the 90s, but the animation just does not hold up to today’s standards.

Car stuff: 10/10
    The drifting, driving, and awesome Japanese cars are the place where Initial D shines. Despite all its other flaws, nothing else (that I know of) has the same level of detail and accuracy with cars.

Conclusion:
    If you’re watching Inital D for the cars, then it’s great. If you’re looking for story and characters, look somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Same, I'm in the same position. I am so far at about episode 24 and I love it. I think though that mogi really ruined it though, sorry if this offends anyone, but she's a damn thot. Without her the whole show would be bloody perfect with not an atom out of place. I really am enjoying it, it makes you laugh at some times and it has you on the edge of your seat, especially on that rain race. Yes you're right, the fact that the main character always has the golden medal is kind of well, how to put it, cliche. It's gotten me alot more into racing and retro cars, alot more than watching cartoons as a kid. In my whole opinion I'd say an 8/10.

6. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

i don't understand your profile picture..

you name is 1970 Plymouth Superbird, and it's a picure of a Hyundai accent gls?

7. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Well, long story short, the accent has been my fav car since I was born, was driven to hospital in the thing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

You where injured, and driven to a hospital inside a Superbird?

9. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

what is inital d?

10. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

That's my question

11. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Initial D - 1998: 26 episodes
    Synopsis
    Takumi Fujiwara is an aloof, spacey high-schooler who does delivery runs in his dad's Toyota AE86 in the dead of night. Despite working at a gas station and having friends who are car nuts, he doesn't know a single thing about cars.

Takumi is introduced into the world of street racing and his natural talent draws attention from all across Gunma. Will Takumi face the challenges or back out from the call of the mountain passes?

Background
    A sizable number of racing games based on the franchise were released for arcades, home consoles, handhelds and PC.
    Japan's Avex Inc. and Hong Kong's Media Asia Group co-produced a live-action film based on Initial D. It was released on Jun 23, 2005 across Asia. While the film deviated considerably from the original story, it was nominated for multiple awards and won many of them, at the Hong Kong Film Awards and Golden Horse Awards.

12. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Oh

looks like a anime fast and furious to me, or a gay fast and furious

Please don't judge my opinion

13. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

7FC3D8DD-105A-4065-89CB-571C463C7A52.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Just my opinion

Anyway, can somebody get this on topic? i kind of threw this off

15. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

I am actually shocked the lack of people who know about Initial D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel4ford

Steel4ford
    Expand Collapse

This explanes all my feelings about them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SunburstFan

SunburstFan
    Expand Collapse

Initial D is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Obviously it's the reason we all love the Toyota AE86 and Eurobeat. :rolleyes:

Though I haven't seen a single episode of it, Initial D is on my list of Anime I'd consider checking out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SunburstFan

SunburstFan
    Expand Collapse

My reason is not because of the AE86...

20. Steel4ford

Steel4ford
    Expand Collapse

I love there music,unironicly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice