Solved What is up with the BNeditor

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by ItsYourBoi, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

There is nothing anywhere that can help me know what to do with that thing, is it working? and why is it not even mentioned one time in the wiki or anywhere else on the planet?

2. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

oh ok thanks, when somebody told me about that I was a bit pissed cause I though that I wasted my time doing it manually, weird that there is not a lot of documentation about that.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Just keep one thing in mind, when you make any kind of change, save and exit, it probably will not work if you try to move 2nd time, it just stop saving at some point and only restarting cures that.

So usually I just view things with it and type manually if needed, because there is not knowing when it will fail to save.

5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Does it also lack an "undo history"? I seem to remember some critical limitation like that which made it kind of scary to use.

6. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

oh ok, but for the mesh, what is the good scale cause when I try to add a reference mesh its not to scale and I tried different scale but couldn't have the good precise scale?

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is like defusing a bomb with wirecutters that might cut only once or maybe fail even with that one cut, only for those who are in need of some serious adrenaline rush.

I never have touched scale, make sure you have applied scale in blender using ctrl-a before exporting the mesh and it should be perfect in BNeditor.

8. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

Will try that, thanks

9. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Also if you are modifying an existing jbeam and try to move a bunch of nodes ,if you press refresh some nodes go back to their original place while others stay where you placed them making it a big mess of nodes and beams.

10. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

That happens when there is more than one of the same node, such as with a jbeam with more than 1 front bumper, meaning you'll need to move them individually

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice