what is the difference in a material.cs vs material.main.json

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by themightykasey, Oct 27, 2019.

1. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

I am creating a base map for monster truck maps that people can download and then make a track out of. Our original blankmap was based off of derby. Well I want to create a new one based of derbyV2 and have basically done so. The only issue I am currently having is getting the terrains to show up. If i use the terrain folder from derbyv2 and just rename what needs to be renamed, in this case Blank2, it works as in there are paintable terrains in the map. However, if i add new terrains as I have created in the past and worked with the old blankmap based off derbyv1 with a material.cs, I am only left with warning materials.

So far, I have just added all the files needed inside the terrain folder and the old lines of new terrain () from previous maps to the material.main.json. When doing so, 0 terrains show up, including vanilla ones like rockydirt ect. I have also tried copying ones that arent doubled. So all of my new internal names of gameengine.zip are standalone ie Dirt1-12 to make sure the game isnt reading 2 Grass textures inside the terrain folder.

so basic question, what is new with the material.main that invasive textures cause it to no material?

I noticed more lines of text, which you can see, and these are in material.cs and not the new main.material in derbyv2 as a test to see if that would work.

Thanks
    --- Post updated ---
    so the culprit in terms of getting the terrain paints to work is the diffuse map. now all of the paints look like garbage instead of what it should. in the main.material. i changed the diffuse map to waht it should be. like RockyDirt. but it still pulled up the full maps diffuse map in the game for me to delete again. what is going on.

Attached Files:

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice