What is the best movie you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by MrAnnoyingDude, Nov 5, 2022.

1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Besides naming the title, I would like you to provide a justification for the choice.

Mine would be Goodfellas for its combination of an extremely engaging narrative, a compelling psychological portrait of mobsters and associates and a look back at 50s to 70s America.

2. PlanetBloopy

PlanetBloopy
    Expand Collapse

The Birds is my all-time favourite. I'm not a fan of romantic dramas at all, so I love how it spends 50 minutes developing a romantic story before finally unleashing horror on it. I can suspend my disbelief and find the bird attacks intense and harrowing, but at the same time there's some comedy in how crazy it is. There's other comedic relief too, such as the kid asking "are the birds gonna eat us, Mommy?". The movie doesn't use any conventional music to build tension, instead mainly using synthesized bird sounds. So it's very unique. Older movies have charm that newer ones are missing.

I've seen Goodfellas a couple of times. It's funny at times, but I'm not so fond of the brutal violence. I prefer films where the violence is more about style, such as Sin City or Kill Bill.

3. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Probably Top Gun: Maverick. It’s just such a good movie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlueLife

BlueLife
    Expand Collapse

surprising cuz its a new release. black panther: wakanda forever, it just turned out so good when i watched it in theaters. SPOILERS ABOUT TO BE SAID. queen ramonda's death was pretty sad. iron heart (idk if its the true name) is pretty cool. also im not a big mcu fan cuz i havent watched a bunch of the movies yet. but i have watched almost all mcu spiderman movies, only nwh and homecoming.
    --- Post updated ---
    95% agree, just a flaw i found out in a 30 facts and someone breaking down the movie. in a scene, tom cruise/maverick touches the cockpit's glass, which isnt possible if your a pilot. and real pilots actually had to use the jets to make them look like they are actually using the jets, plus for the spiral scene of the 2 jets. its cgi which is fine with me, they made it look SO good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

My top1 there is "the cannonball run I" by far

I like automobile and since it's Kinda humoristic , it's perfect for me.

Liked how the characters were unique and there was also an acteur playing himself

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to be that guy that says 'Fast and the Furious' and makes everyone mad.

Seriously though, the first John Wick is my favourite movie. It cuts the crap and gives us the action we want to see, while having enough story still. Also, the action scenes are great. Same with the rest of the movie series.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shimokitazawa5300cc

Shimokitazawa5300cc
    Expand Collapse

Scarface.

SAY HELLO TO MY LIL FRIEND!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice