What games should I buy during the Steam sales?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Alex [ITA], Jun 30, 2019.

1. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

The title says it all, I'm looking for new games to play and there is no better time to buy them than the summer Steam sales. What games should I buy?
    I'm very picky on games for two reasons: firstly I have a slow internet connection, so downloading something for maybe two days, that doesn't satisfy me is considered a waste of time, and secondly, I don't like to waste money on something I'd game for 4 hours and then forget it (I've already spent a good amount of money for a game I've played for 4 hrs that was uninstalled the same day when I downloaded it).
    I wanted to buy GTA5, but basically I've seen it on YouTube in the past years.
    Other games I thought of buying:
    • HITMAN 2: I don't know if I'll like it; UPDATE: tested the free demo: I may buy that later in the year.
    • The Stanley Parable: seems good and I haven't spoiled it with videos; UPDATE: BOUGHT and finished; great game.
    • X-Plane 11: I'd love that, but is too expensive even on sale and I don't really have the equipment (yoke/pedals/…) to play at its best;
    • The Witcher 3: I've read that is probably the best game in its genre, but I haven't played any RPG, so I don't know whether I'll like it;
    • Kingdom Come Deliverance: I'd buy that just to break it making stupid things, probably a waste of money;
    • Civilization VI: meh, I already have Cities: Skylines…
    Things I don't like: battle royale, "Tales Of …" style games, sports game.
    I've never tried anything except simulation games and a bit of city building with C:S.
    Any thoughts?

#1 Alex [ITA], Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

It really depends on your personal preferences. I have 1000+ games in my library, but the only game I really play is BeamNG.

Personally I enjoy laid back games, particularly vehicle simulation games.

Besides BeamNG the only other games I really play are:
    • Mudrunner (Fun game, however it gets boring after a while. Although it's always fun doing some multiplayer trails with friends)
    • Rocket league (I don't play it anymore, but its great with friends)
    • DOOM (Not my typical style of game I play, but it's incredibly fun)
    • Warthunder (Free game, but its pay to progress. Fun to play, but I don't recommend)

3. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

So… I've played the free demo of Hitman 2 (basically the first mission only after around 6hrs of download) and I have mixed feelings, probably I won't buy it (at least for now).
    For the games you listed:
    • Mudrunner: as you said it's boring after a while;
    • Rocket League: I don't see me playing it;
    • DOOM: cool game, but not my style;
    • Warthunder: I've already had a pretty bad experience on that game;
    I don't even know what I want… *Insert disappointment.png*

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

ets2, ats, pc2, fs19

5. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Heres my list of games that i play.
    • Brick Rigs Why: Very fun game in lego style and you can build anything like in real life lego < This video will explain it.
    • Automation The Car Company Tycoon Game Why: Exporter to BeamNG, Endless creativity < let that video explain it But warning: The video is pretty old which means the devs have updated the UI recently.
    Otherwise i didnt any other besides Beam and those two games. May the others recommend more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deleted member 337738

Deleted member 337738
    Expand Collapse

Get Witcher 3 it literally is the best game ever played it 9 times since it released it has many endings great story likable characters and a big world full of lore that you can explore and will keep you busy for at least a month
    If you want something with cars i recommend Assetto Corsa but only if you have a wheel it has tons of mods of cars and tracks

7. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

DOOM
    The Witcher 3
    Garry's Mod (if you don't already have it, be warned it is extremely addicting once you get the hang of how it works)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Yakuza 0 (I don't usually like games of this type, but this one is amazing)
    Skyrim Special Edition
    BioShock Infinite
    Bayonetta
    Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
    NieR: Automata (if you like hack n slash, it doesn't get much better than this)
    The Darkness II (previous generation game, but massively underrated)
    Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe edition

8. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Since some are recommending The Withcer 3, I may consider buying it (first of the genre, I may not like it, but I have to try it before).
    I sorta have them; I have Assetto Corsa instead of PC2 and I don't like very much Farming Simulator (although I've owned two of them, the 2011 and the 2013 version).
    Well… That was the game I mentioned in my post before that was played for 4 hours…
    An inner part of me still wants GTA5, but I have money only for a game…
    I'll have to think what to buy :confused:
    Last thing:
    • If I want to buy "The Witcher 3", should I buy the Game of the Year edition (with all the DLCs) for 14,99€ or the base game for 8,99€?
    • If I want to buy GTA5, should I buy the "Premium Online Edition" (with the DLC) for 19,98€ or the base game for 14,99€?
    Thank you!

#8 Alex [ITA], Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Deleted member 337738

Deleted member 337738
    Expand Collapse

Get the Goty edition of the Witcher its even beter you get plus 20 more hours and whole new map to explore and new main quest that is sooo good
    if you are planing to play gta v on pc online i do not recommend since its filled with cheaters for some time and rockstar doesnt take any action so most of the people play it on ps4 or xbone

10. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I have to say that I agree with @SubaruSTI07™. I'd also suggest Brick Rigs and Automation. I've had an insane amount of fun playing Brick Rigs. It's one of those games where it's fun to mess around and do things like build and destroy stuff. It also offers other gameplay modes, with one of my personal favorites being city zombie mode. I do have to mention that it can be buggy at times, but after you get past the bugs, it's still pretty good and fun.

And of course, Automation is good too. It has a great OST, and of course being able to create your own cars is fantastic, and despite what some users on this forum has said, the ability to export your creations to BeamNG is a good one that adds a whole other layer to both BeamNG and Automation. Personally I think those users are dead wrong about the BeamNG exporter.

Another game I'd suggest that I've enjoyed playing is Plague Inc: Evolved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

buy starbound ...

12. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

deleted

#12 default0.0player, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice