What causes parts to dissapear

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Hati, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

What causes entire parts to disappear, leaving only a few beams when a specific breakgroup is triggered? I'm tuning the damage on a car, and a weird thing happens. When i trigger a specific breakgroup on the front bumper it causes the rear bumper to almost wholly cease to exist.

So what I do is I rename the breakgroup, just incase it's triggering something in another part file somewhere. The new name should sever a link. Upon crashing the car this weird bug persists.
    Maybe it's a specific beam being refferenced somewhere. So I go through, beam by beam testing the car without it. No specifc beam seems to be to blame.
    Okay, so I disable all beams in that group and crash the car -- rear bumper doesn't dissappear

Okay, now I enable one beam at a time - Rear bumper disappears again after enabling the first beam upon crashing the car and triggering the breakgroup
    disable it and enable a different one, crash the car. Rear bumper dissappears again.

I'm completely confused, it's deleting almost every beam and node for the vehicle's rear bumper upon triggering that single breakgroup. but there's no refference to any of those nodes or beams in either the main body jbeam or the front bumper's jbeam. so what on earth could be deleting the rear bumper?

2. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like you aren't ending the breakGroups, example...

Code:
              [B]{"breakGroup":"pickup_frontbumper_L"},[/B]
              ["fb1l","fr2l"],
              ["fb2l","fr2l"],
              ["fb3l","fr2l"],
              ["fb1l","fr6l"],
              [B][I]{"breakGroup":""},[/I][/B]
    However, if starting a breakGroup straight after another one, you don't need to end it, just start another, example...

Code:
              [B]{"breakGroup":"pickup_frontbumper_L"},[/B]
              ["fb1l","fr2l"],
              ["fb2l","fr2l"],
              ["fb3l","fr2l"],
              ["fb1l","fr6l"],

[B]{"breakGroup":"pickup_frontbumper_M"},[/B]
              ["fb1","fr2"],
              ["fb2","fr2"],
              ["fb3","fr2"],
              ["fb3","fr6"],

[B][I]{"breakGroup":""},[/I][/B]
    Even if it's at the end of the beams section, it can transfer over to the next loaded jbeam file if the breakGroup isn't ended with {"breakGroup":""},

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Thankyou, I had no idea. Solved the issue right away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice