What are some new versions of existing vehicles that should be added to the game?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 88c900t, Jan 15, 2018.

1. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a UPS delivery body for the H-Series.

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

We know that the D-Series had at least one generation before and after the current one; seeing at least one of those would be nice. (Gabe said WAY back that the in game D-Series is based on a previous gen Gavril truck, and we all know the Roamer is based on a newer gen D-Series)

Euro/US spec versions

The rest of this post is just a couple of things I have mentioned I want already in the past, so it all gets a spoiler. Almost all of it is taken from my disaster of a text wall mass wish list in my profile info

GM limo, GM/Moonhawk/Miramar wagon

Convertibles

Earlier Sunbursts inspired by a mk1 Lancer and an Evo V.

Race configs in more categories (Pro-mod dragsters, gassers, GT3, prerunners, etc...)

Supercar K-Series with fancy electrics and a high HP engine and aggressive body kit

Tuning companies (such as Abarth/AMG/Shelby/Yenko)

More engines. Swaps from other cars, diesels, rotaries, and so on. I will be very disappointed in career mode if I cannot take an engine from a totaled blue 200BX and put it into a black Barstow. Totally not thinking of a specific movie with that example. Totally.

3. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

12PassengerVan-Angle1.jpg Passenger van H-series
    2013-Nissan-NV-Cargo-NV1500-Minivan-Van-S-V6-3dr-Rear-wheel-Drive-Cargo-Van-Photo-11.jpg Work variant with no rear windows
    2010-Ford-E-150-Minivan-Van-Commercial-Cargo-Van-Exterior1.jpg Facelift
    2017-new-chevy-express-2500-extended-refrigerated-cargo-van-reefer-162482036193-01.jpg Sliding door
    WLNY_van1.jpg And one big spinny boi
    Before you ask yes I like the H-series a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

A modern version of the Barstow, in the style of the latest mustang:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

I would honestly love to see a newer D-series, similar to the new Dodge Rams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

THIS FORUM HAS UNDER ESTIMATED MY IDEA POWER

H-series but drugged

Hells bicycle

H-series slammed

T-series cool cuz mark

Hells bicycle v2

hells bicycle v3

burnside but with some t-sereis love

moonhawk or somthing

burnside cuz max

H-series but with dad love
    61986_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
    D-series but 1950's
    4167369484_611337895e_b.jpg
    h-series Russian style
    747995.jpg
    D-series SEEEEEW WEEEEEEEE style

H-series but with more dad love

Attached Files:

• 61986_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
    • 747995.jpg
    • 4167369484_611337895e_b.jpg
    • fe32c0bd9e575a602dbcb820291f9cca.jpg
    • XtsdFP1.jpg
    • custom_hot_rod_by_roen911-d7fb19h.jpg
    • custom-ford-econoline-van-3.jpg
    • mofo2.jpg
    • 1136742701_415a78d6f7_o.jpg
    • 6d11b1212ba3bb2913b9b28b55f07be4.jpg
    • 492284b242c961b0636b46b3fc0198ef.jpg
    • 4.jpg
    • mac-fire3.jpg
    • custom-ford-econoline-van-3.jpg
    • 1136742701_415a78d6f7_o.jpg
    • 492284b242c961b0636b46b3fc0198ef.jpg
    • 6d11b1212ba3bb2913b9b28b55f07be4.jpg
    • mac-fire3.jpg
    • 4.jpg
    • XtsdFP1.jpg
    • custom_hot_rod_by_roen911-d7fb19h.jpg
    • a7e43a82b15c19e0e2bd867d2fe6700a.jpg
    • mofo2.jpg
    • fe32c0bd9e575a602dbcb820291f9cca.jpg
    #26 Gasoline_boy 2, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  7. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

Good Idea, but I think the 1st gen CRX would look better than the second.

That actually gives me an idea:

The Barstow is (roughly) based off of the Mustang, as well as other late 60s pony cars. IRL, the Mustang was based off of the Falcon. The Falcon also spawned the Econoline van/pickup. Same thing with the Chevrolet II/Nova spawning a van and later, the basis for the Camaro.
    It would be quite a stretch, I doubt many structural elements would be the same but it could be done.

8. basedana

basedana
    Expand Collapse

They should add also a next gen T-series

9. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

ETK I-series wagon and coupe

10. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I knew I forgot some stuff woops.
    Cool cool but can you put some of the ideas for those phone users or slow internet people under a spoiler like I did plz. (not a moderator)
    OT:
    Parking authority Pigeon.

ETK-i and ETK-k police versions. Burnside special detectives car. Grand Marshall undercover taxi police car.

11. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

We already have the taxi undercover cop. It’s a mod. But you could also get the regular undercover cop and put a taxi skin on it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

I just thought of another idea that can be based off of an existing vehicle.

Take the Barstow, move the rear axle forward a foot (which would also mandate shorter doors), reduce the length in the back by 2 feet, give it a slanting rear end and different taillights, and just like that! An ingame AMC Gremlin. A nose heavy, RWD, ultra basic (3 speed column standard) econobox that understeers badly and has severe rear wheelhop under braking and acceleration. Now, the Hornet wasn't a sporty ponycar, but in both architecture and age they are similar.

The history behind the Gremlin was that AMC knew that GM and Ford were coming out with true compact cars to compete with imported brands, they tried to beat them to the punch by taking their midsize Hornet and shortening it significantly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

ehh... if you have to re-arrange the chassis, body, and engine/transmission, then you might as well make an entirely new car. A pair that fits into the Hornet/Gremlin archetype* is definitely on my list, but the Barstow just isn't a suitable base vehicle for an economy car. It should also be noted that while both fall under a broad definition of "muscle car" the Barstow is a pony car, the Hornet was firmly a compact car.

Although we really have no idea what was going on Gavril during the 1970s and 1980s, I get the feeling that they weren't struggling financially like AMC was during the same period. The Gremlin was born out of a "use what we've got on hand" mentality, while the Vega & Pinto were both developed from the ground up on entirely new platforms. I have a funny suspicion that when Gavril brought out their compact in the early seventies, it was closer to the Pinto than the Gremlin.

*I really see promise in this - The hornet provided underpinnings for not only the gremlin, but also the later Concord/Spirit and their famous "proto-crossover" sibling the Eagle. There was even consideration to building a Hornet-based compact pickup, but the Jeep Cowboy never made it out of the prototype stage.

Heck, I've been wanting an entirely new American manufacturer to collect all of the weird "also-rans" of the American car industry - things not covered by the big three. Things like Willys, Studebakers, Crosley, Checker, AMCs (and by extension, both Hudson and Nash). Maybe it comes with its own subsidiaries - one for sports cars that collects Panoz, Delorean, and maybe even Bricklin under its umbrella, and a 4x4/heavy equipment subsidiary that functioned a little like International Harvester used to.

14. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

new musle cars
    (i also want south korea cars)

15. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

I Think A Taxi Version Of The Burnside Special Should Be Added.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

I think Euro parts as mentions would be awesome, along with facelifts for all the vehicles, and a minivan based off an ETK 800 Series. (eg: BMW "2 Series Tourer)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Postal Hopper?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

IRS and IFS for Hopper, so that it can be really low, then some boost with hill climb wings, so that would make hill climb config for a hopper.

Why you may ask? Just because, inappropriate and still so much fun.

19. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

I have another- older 1980s version of the Grand marshal.

It's pretty clear that it resembles the 92+ Ford Crown Vic/Grand Marquis, as well as the 91-96 Chevrolet Impala/Caprice. Although someone made a mod for this before, I believe it was only cosmetic. The 1980 Oldsmobile mod is similar, but it's mostly based off of Moonhawk frame/suspension/steering.

Leave the chassis and steering alone, but alter the body (obviously), interior, wheels and tires, soften the springs and shock tuning, and have two different mechanical versions-an early one with a carburetor and a non-overdrive 3 speed automatic, and a later one with throttle-body fuel injection (more primitive than modern port injection) and an overdrive 4 speed auto. Have a police package/F41 suspension available with better shocks/springs and a 3.08 LSD rear end, and perhaps the Moonhawks inline 6 as a base engine. The V8 would be well smaller than the 378ci that's in the Moonhawk, due to the timeline but it can use an engine with earlier origins- the 80s B body and Panther body used V8s that originated much earlier, just with more electronic and emission controls (maybe the Barstow's 291 and 353?).

It would be a nice addition given that this was meant to be a derby game originally, we could always use more police variants, and another big BOF rwd car would be fun to thrash around.

Inspiration:

20. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

This was not "meant" to be a derby game, it just works quite well as one, but I do like the wagon version of the grand marshall. ARB created a great wagon/derby mod for the marshll and a great sedan/wagon mod for the moonhawk. Shame those aren't playable anymore.

I'd like sedan and wagon versions of every car!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice