WIP Beta released West Coast USA Revamp

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by TheBlueHeeler, Apr 14, 2021.

1. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

WCUSA.jpg

Hey! This is my version of the West Coast USA map, took me forever to make. This is not potato pc friendly, my low end 2GB V-Ram, 5GB Ram laptop went from 45fps to 28fps on normal settings and no dynamic reflections. Hope you guys enjoy and go check out my website at
    Click Here.

To install the mod, go to your beamng folder and extract the file into your level folder.

Capture1.png
    Capture2.png
    Capture3.png
    Capture4.png
    Capture6.png
    Capture7.png
    Capture8.png

Attached Files:

#1 TheBlueHeeler, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OldCarsRule57

OldCarsRule57
    Expand Collapse

Woah, this is really cool. Wish I had the NASA computer to run that though...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

Woah, this is super cool!

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

That's what I was thinking, my pc can barely even run this. lol

5. OldCarsRule57

OldCarsRule57
    Expand Collapse

With WCUSA being laggy as is, a million more trees aughta make almost unplayable!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

I didn’t only do trees, I also fixed some super jagged terrain pieces, grass growing in places it shouldn’t such as driveways and roads. I’m also going to be continuing to work on it and making an FPS friendly version by removing a lot of unnecessary trees that can’t be seen when driving normally.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mr.Bot

Mr.Bot
    Expand Collapse

I like the map, looks pretty especially while driving around, little heavy on the gtx but as you said, it's gonna be getting a lite vers. My only problem with this is, (might only be me) it replaces the default map itself, this I'm not really a fan of. It'd be cool if you could give the map it's own different name so it would be just as "one."
    screenshot_2021-04-13_22-14-44.png

#7 Mr.Bot, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  8. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

I’d have to learn how to do that, for now to remove the mod just delete it out of your level folder and your west coast USA will revert to normal or you could move it outside the folder and back inside when you want to use it. If anyone knows how to make it it’s own separate map then that would be appreciated.

9. Mr.Bot

Mr.Bot
    Expand Collapse

I could help you on that a little, all you really need to do is to make a copy of your map and then rename it to whatever you want. Open it, click levels and then rename the file to the same name you gave it the first time, (shown below) this will rename all current files but you're not done yet.

upload_2021-4-14_17-54-48.png
    ↓↓↓↓
    upload_2021-4-14_17-36-7.png

After that, open the file and it will give you a list of different folders to choose from. First delete "scenarios, quickrace" as that is unnecessary to keep. Now to make this short, click "main > MissionGroup > vegetation > items.level.json"
    From there take "items.level.json" out of the folder and place it onto your desktop.
    upload_2021-4-14_17-57-9.png

Right click the file and open it with notepad or whatever you use (I use Notepad++ since it's easier to navigate.) Now try to find what it says down below, highlight the name of the map "west_coast_usa" and press ctrl+f.
    upload_2021-4-14_18-16-11.png

This will bring up a small page saying "find" Click the tab "Replace" and below it should give you two bars "Find what:" and "Replace with:"
    You want to make sure that the find box is selected "west_coast_usa" and the bottom box, put in the name of the map "examp_name" Once you've done that, hit replace and it should replace every name under "west_coast_usa" with your map name. Make sure to click file and then save, place the file back into the folder which it will replace.

Now you're gonna have to do that for every file.

Hope I've done this correctly and I hope this helps you :)

#9 Mr.Bot, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  10. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I will be sure to do this tomorrow, I will also be doing a FPS friendly version soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

Gonna try the Mod hehe, im getting around 40 - 50FPS on my GTX960M on the Map, lets see how low it goesss, for uninstalling i just have to remove the mod file, right?

12. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

Yup, just delete the file you put in.

13. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

Can you make a Video on how to install it?? Can just be small Clip, i tried installing it 3 Times but every time no chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KyotoBlissard

KyotoBlissard
    Expand Collapse

This is amazing, great work! It looks more like Bay Area now. I think it would look better with greener ground cover in forest areas.

#14 KyotoBlissard, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  15. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

16. lucas poole

lucas poole
    Expand Collapse

To many complaints wayyy to many Dont use a shitty PC lol Great Map even though its old still a all time fav by many ty!! Runs great and great fps

17. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

Have you already created a light version?

18. KillerBee 2

KillerBee 2
    Expand Collapse

I am running an rtx4090, ryzen 5950 with 64gigs of 3600 ram off a pcie gen4 nvme drive, and this map brought my PC to its knees. That really wasn't the issue. Even after deep cleaning the cache, the map is chocked full of missing textures and errors. many of the roads are just black. I removed it and tried again... still bad.

19. Driveline Animations

Driveline Animations
    Expand Collapse

If I remember correctly, the map broke after recent updates to WCUSA. I spoke with Blue a while ago and he did not intend to return to map-making.

20. TheBlueHeeler

TheBlueHeeler
    Expand Collapse

I do not intend on updating this, I'd have to completely remake it since I made it overwrite the original map instead of making it's own (I'm Dumb) it's broke. I don't even have wifi at my current house so even if I wanted to return to map making I couldn't really do so, I'm having to use my phones data

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice