West Coast USA island ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by luiswellenkamp, Apr 28, 2018.

1. luiswellenkamp

luiswellenkamp
    Expand Collapse

I have been using the map West Coast USA quite a lot lately, the map is awesome, and I want more of it. It has a lot of empty spaces, which will hopefully get filled in the future. One of these areas is the island, and I really want to see an international airport there.

The Island is long and thin, ideal for that type of construction. The map has a big city, where should live a lot of people. A lot of plane mods are popping out, and BeamNg doesn't have their own map with a real airport (there is a small runway made of dirt at jungle rock island), and with the addition of one, they could also add the first BeamNg plane!!! Something small, like a cessna 172 (not asking for that one particularly, I've read the rules), and with that, some awesome scenarios, like stunts or smuggling type mission.

West Coast USA has a lot of towers to fly in between, so would be very awesome! I would also like to see a regional airport in the middle of the city, like Congonhas (I'm brazilian), but I think thats too much to ask, at least right now.

What do you think? Do you also want an airport, or do you have other ideas? I want to know what you think!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I'd like a ferry terminal!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Agree with the idea of an airport on Apathy Island. However...

Already confirmed to never happen for BeamNG.drive. There has been the long-rumored BeamNG.fly, which will be based around planes and flight mechanics, but until then, mod planes are the only things that you can use if you want to fly around maps (and honestly, having planes in a game with such tiny maps isn't exactly the most inviting of prospects).

I don't see this happening, either. Belasco is already cramped and tiny compared to what it could be, and you're asking for half of it to be completely paved over with an airport? Sounds like a really bad idea to me. One airport is enough for such a small map; two is pushing it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The closest to official is the B-25, but only because it was made by an staff member.

5. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

The biggest issue here is that BeamNG does not (last I checked) have support for multiple concurrent terrain objects. Only one can have collision at a time, and static mesh isn't flexible enough for a full terrain; the island likely won't be populated until/unless multiple terrains are supported, if then.

And, small correction, JRI's airport is actually Marston Mat, not dirt.

I'm pretty sure BeamNG.fly was a joke made by a forum member, probably around the time the first aircraft mods were coming out. I do agree with your latter point, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Its position on the map suggests it is based on Yerba Buena, which does not host an airstrip.

It has a Coast Guard station, a park, houses and a bunch of shops.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice